Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

March 6th, 2024 22:04

Can I post here?

I bet I can't but I'm gonna try anyway!!
More to this story .... if I can post.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

March 6th, 2024 22:06

Ok I guess I can post! 
So the story is, I logged in to create a post with a resolution for a problem that many people are having.

But I can't post there! I'll go in and try again now that I've finally been able to post. If I can't do it then I guess I'll come back here and post the link and resolve :( 

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

March 6th, 2024 22:27

Yup I still can't post there! It's really annoying because I created this account only to post a way to fix a hardware issue with some ( actually many ) dell PCs.

The thread is here :
https://www.dell.com/community/en/conversations/desktops-general-locked-topics/alert-system-battery-voltage-is-low/647e39d7f4ccf8a8de101ccf

For the message  "Alert System battery voltage is low"

Here's my message I couldn't post :

SUCCESS!!!
Was getting "Alert System battery voltage is low" message like everyone one else. I'm on a Dell desktop PC, and have several of the same computers. This is the second one to have this error. The first one I sent to the E-dump becuase I couldn't get past the error.
But today I managed to resolve this issue after trying many things :
- replaced the battery ( tried many , even from working PCs )
- cleaned batter points
- reset NVRAM
- reset BIOS to default
- plugged directly into power source
- tried resetting BIOS after turning on caps, num and scroll lock ( why that would work who knows )
- cleared BIOS logs

None of this worked. I was at it for a day and read through these 16 pages of posts!

Eventually the fix for me was to disable Fast Boot. So boot takes longer but at least I don't get the "Alert System battery voltage is low" message anymore.

Huzzah!!

So for those needing another option to try : disable Fast Boot.

I hope this helps someone.

5 Practitioner

• 

4.8K Posts

March 7th, 2024 02:30

Re:  Can I post here?

Yes, you can and you did.  The reason you could not post to the linked thread because you were trying to post to an over 20 years old discussion.  The low battery message issue were resolved and the affected machine, the Dimension 8000 series, went to end of service life status over a decade ago. 

As for the effectiveness of your post, next time, think of the title with more specific about machine model, the subject issue or resolution, and proper category forum.  That would help with subject search result and reaching intended users. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 7th, 2024 12:14

@dwayne_omi​ 

That thread is in a locked, read only board =

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 7th, 2024 12:19

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

March 10th, 2024 15:27

I can't seem to post a topic in the server category. The page lets me write a title and question and satisfy the captcha, but when I try to select a topic it says none available. What's up?

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 13th, 2024 16:14

I think I see what you did. You went to Servers and clicked "Start a discussion" under Latest Activity - Servers. That button should not be there.

* I went to to Servers parent board

* Open of the three Children boards =
PowerEdge Servers
Systems Management
Modular Infrastructure

* I opened PowerEdge Servers

* I clicked the blue button, Start a discussion

* It asked me to choose one of the children boards =
PowerEdge Hardware General
PowerEdge HDD/SCSI/RAID
Rack Servers
Power & Cooling