Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 28th, 2024 01:14

URGENT - After disassembling the laptop, I can't connect the battery cable to the socket. Can someone help me?

XPS 15 9500

XPS 15 9500

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade the RAM and SSD on my Dell XPS 9500. When I was disassembling the laptop, I read on multiple websites that it was better to disconnect the battery cable before replacing RAM and SSD.

When I tried to disconnect the cable, it seemed a little bit stuck. Then I used this technique to remove the battery cable - https://youtu.be/E7qzwAFabS0?si=OB2mPJwvw2g9Px2F&t=466 - where you disconnect the speakers and lift the battery a little bit, that gives you enough room to disconnect the battery cable more easily.

I replaced the RAM and SSD, but when I tried to reconnect the cable, I was not able to do it. No matter how much force I applied, or how many times I have tried to reconnect the cable it did not work. When I watch other people’s videos, it seems that other Dell XPS laptops need less force to connect them. Mine just does not seem to connect, it stops moving after it is halfway through it. Based on common sense, there might be something wrong with the cable itself or the socket. It is not even moving slightly even if I apply ginormous force on it once it is half way through.

I tried to connect it while applying the same force on the left and right side and try to connect it in a straight direction, but it just gets stuck halfway through and forcing it to move does not seem to help. I have watched dozens of other videos, and in other videos the cable connects smoothly to the socket. I came to the conclusion that it seems that its’ my laptop’s issue, it just stops moving and no matter how much force I apply, it does not move.

I used the laptop for work, and I did not expect this to happen. It's extremely important for me to find a solution to this problem soon. Can someone help me? Have you experienced a similar issue in the past? Were you able to solve it?

I want to thank everyone in advance who takes time to read my post and comments on it. Your help means the world to me ❤️ 

P.S I am uploading the video explanation as well for better clarification of the issue. Please watch it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qrcvumbrOvjPe4UY72V0R2AAODCbUG25/view?usp=sharing

• 

16.7K Posts

May 2nd, 2024 10:16

To receive assistance from Dell chat support, they need to verify the warranty status and ownership. Then you must troubleshoot with them.  Click the "Get Help Now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. If already out of warranty, click here for the Dell out of warranty offering.

No Events found!