Unsolved

H

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 27th, 2024 21:09

Audio issue - SoundWire Slave 1601

Hello Dell Team!

Am facing a sound issue with my Dell XPS 17.  Nearly once a day the sound get deactivated i have to reboot the PC to get my sound back.

Tried to update the driver and reinstall it but still having same issue. (See attached image)

Please any one facing same issue can comment here or share solution please?

Many thanks,

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 27th, 2024 21:09

any admin or dell expert? 

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 29th, 2024 15:14

I have exactly the same problem, and it is very annoying on a brand new laptop

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 30th, 2024 14:44

Hello,

just encountered this exact problem on a user's Latitude 9430. I disabled Soundwire Slave, uninstalled all realtek Audio drivers and reinstalled the old ones from 2023. I also turned off Dell Command Update automatic updates and switched them to manual because it seems that everytime user updates his computer something goes wrong.
I'll post an update. Hopefully this will solve it for now until releases fixed Audio drivers.

I've been having so much trouble with 9430s and 9420s, it's constant webcam and audio issues.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 2nd, 2024 13:38

Same issues with a brand new XPS 17 9730.  The 9720 does not seem to do this.  I discovered that if you disable the SoundWire device that has the yellow triangle on it, then re-enable it the sound or mic comes back, depending on which one was not working, at least for a time.  Not really a fix, but a quick workaround that has worked to get me into a meeting more than once.

I have tried different drivers, and seen numerous reports from others, including some folks replacing motherboards with no change.  It seems to be an issue when returning from sleep, primarily, so I am suspecting either a driver issue or some odd Windows bug.

So far, no solution I have discovered will hold, and that disable/re-enable of the 'failed' device is the best workaround I have found. 

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

• 

2 Points

May 9th, 2024 17:00

My error is in a brand-new Precision 5680 and the error reads SoundWire Slave 1401 

I am posing it here because the results are the same as the original post. The issue is sporadic but seems to happen more often when the user does not have the computer plugged in, which makes me think it may have something to do with the way Power is being distributed. I would recommend disabling the Nvidia High Definition Audio

And turning off fast start up in your Power Options

Seems to have helped so far but it has only been a week so too early to tell. 

No Events found!