1 Message

April 25th, 2024 04:19

HDD info for 2010 Dell Inspiron N5110

I want to know make of HDD(500GB) for my 2010 Dell Inspiron N5110 model

5 Practitioner

• 

4.9K Posts

April 25th, 2024 14:21

The Inspiron N5110 supports standard 2.5" SATA drives.  Go to Device Manager and expand Disk drives.  That should list the make and model of the hard drive in your system.

If you are planning to replace/upgrade, take note that it will be more than a simple drive replacement as it will require many components removal to access the motherboard.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 06:34

Well, finding the specific make of an HDD depends on what was originally shipped with your laptop and what is available in the market for upgrades/replacements.

To check the original make of the HDD, you can either check the service manual, user guide or whatever that came with your device, or if you're comfortable opening up your laptop, you can check the HDD directly. The HDD usually has a label with the manufacturer's name and other details printed on it.

Once you get your HDD details, you can find compatible replacement HDDs (not necessarily the original make) on websites like Etechbuy.

P.S:
Before opening your laptop, ensure you have the necessary tools and a static-safe workspace to prevent damage.
Consider backing up your data before making any hardware modifications.

I hope this helps.

No Events found!