Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
MZ

Community Accepted Solution

Remote Shadow (P2P) - system\ network and firewall requirements

I am testing the new Remote Shadow (P2P) connections from our WMS Cloud tenant. I believe our zero-trust networking is blocking the connections. What are the requirements to allow this functionality? URLs, ports other settings to allow the connection. When I test from outside our corporate network

Question

Official Solution

Dell Support Assist won't log in.

I have installed the latest version of Dell Support Assist (4.0.0.51819) and it runs fine, but I cannot sign in. Logging in with my Dell account consistently prompts "We are working on signing you in" then fails with the error "We ran into a problem. Something went wrong and we couldn't load your co

Question

Unable to sign in after new SupportAssist installed

Unable to sign in after new SupportAssist installed. Keep getting this repeated error:We ran into a problem.Something went wrong and we couldn’t load your contact information. Would you like to try again?Need to sign in to get support > please help asap. Thx.

Question

WMS 4.2.1.8 - another bugged release

Upgraded from 4.1.111 and now asks for a license, with a useless script for the Identifier. Import button does nothing either.

Question

WMS 4.2 SMTP withput username/password

Since WMS 4.2 it isn't possible to save SMTP-settings (Portal Administration -> Setup) without username and passwort ("Invalid SMTP username").Any idea, how can I fix this?Best RegardsPatrick

Question

Dell client management service keeps getting disabled

We install DCU on our company machines (updated builds of Windows 10).It is constantly doing this... "The Dell Management Service is disabled". We can run services and get it going again, or reinstall, and it works for a bit, but several clients return to throwing the error and it has to be started

Question

What is up with Virus/spyware?

I have had major problems accessing this forum, with a 404 error. Signing back in was a major pain.  The forum wanted me to sign in using Google, which I refuse to use (it is evil).   What is going on?

Question

Unable to upgrade WMS to 4.2.0.521

We're unable to upgrade WMS 4.1.1.111 to 4.2.0.521 as it says the service account password can't be validated. It's 100% the correct password as I can login with it. The .txt says this: Any ideas at all?

Question

SystemAssist System Resolution vs. SupportAssist OS Recovery

In my computer's UEFI (which Dell still calls the BIOS) under the Advanced tab there is a setting called "SystemAssist System Resolution" which in turn has a setting for "Auto OS Recovery Threshold". I understand very well what "Auto OS Recovery Threshold" means - that's not my question: In my comp

Question

How to set drive D as the default for data

At the moment, all work is being saved to the SSD C drive. If I go to settings/system/storage for the active user the available options are for the C drive. I can't see any mention of D drive. Advice on Windows forum suggets there should be an option relating to 'save new content' on the RHS but it

Question

OS Recovery install from USB stalls after restart while loading devices.

My Inspiron 15 5584 stopped booting up. Advanced/thorough Pre-boot performance tests (all tests) all pass. The only reported issue was an old battery nearing its usable life. When repair/recover/reset all failed, I created a Recovery OS USB. The computer came with Windows 10, but had been uprgraded

Question

Dell Command Update showing incorrect BIOS update version for Precision 3551

We are utilizing Dell Command Update to update device drivers in our environment. For one particular model, the Precision 3551, Dell Command Update is reporting that BIOS update version 1.25.1 being needed, despite Dell's support site for the 3551 reporting that 1.25.0 is the newest version availabl

Question

Connect this PC to Dell

Checking a PC in TechDirect Portal, I am advised to "Connect this PC to Dell".How do I do connect this PC to Dell? This PC has been back online for hours and no synchronization is taking place.I have tried running SupportAssist on this PC, but was stopped with message "Your IT administrator has rest

Question

Dell Command Update - Custom Catalogs

I'm new to managing Dell Command Update in our environment. I've found documentation for DCU and figured out how to deploy it with settings. One of my goals is to create a static Point-in-time list of tested updates to include in our environment. Documentation indicates I should do this with a custo

Question

JavaScript is disabled

Hello, I just upgraded my WMS to version 4.2 and requested a free license. However, the email sent by Dell said JavaScript is disabled! I cannot get the license keys. Any suggestion? Thanks

Question

Official Solution

XPS 9530 Firmware bug prevents releasing audio fix for Linux devices

Hi, As you may be familiar, when running Linux on XPS 9530 series, audio is horrible. This is because only two tweeters (top firing speakers) work, while woofers (down firing speakers) which provide the most volume, and bass do not. Me and fellow XPS users have worked hard to add support for this,

Question

windows 11 activation

Upgraded to Windows 11. Then reset Windows 11 because of having some issues.  The reset solved the issues but now I have to activate the reset version because it lost the product key/digital license.  I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000.

Question

SupportAssist takes up enormous amount of RAM!

All of a sudden my SupportAssist started behaving irresponsibly - taking up all free RAM.I have witnessed this on both OS that I use on my laptop1.) Win11 Pro 23H2 for my main work environment.2.) Win11 Home 23H2 - Installed on a different partition, which I use strictly for gaming.My laptop is Dell

Question

W10 won't boot

Hi Guys, I need your help regarding Latitude E6430, but I think that doesn't matter now. After battery discharge the notebook won't start W10. Manufacturer logo --> w10 logo --> blank screen. I looked around and find some articel and video. I think I have to start recovery mode on the notebook

Question

Support Assist Camera Test Warning, Cam its very Blurry

My Cam on the Alienware M15 R2 is very Blurry. Support Assist Cam Test the result is Warning? Now What?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!