DM

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 28th, 2024 03:38

Dell G5 - Wifi keeps disappearing

Dell G5 15 5587

Dell G5 15 5587

I have Dell G5, Manufacturer date 2018. The Wifi Adapter is not functioning properly. 

I have Window 11 installed. Upon checking Dell website for latest adapter driver. it looks like Dell doesn't support window 11 for this model. so i downgraded the OS to Window 10.

I did factory reset of the laptop. The wifi signal came back on but after minutes, it dissappered,

i did network reset and it came back on but then disappeared again.

i went to device manager- the wifi driver "Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz" have escalation mark. so i went to dell support and installed latest wifi driver which is not same as this anymore. 

i am now running window 10 as suggested by dell and have new driver yet the wifi is still not functional. please help

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 13:40

My Dell G5 started doing this today. So the only way I can connect to the internet is via LAN cable. "Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9560" has an escalation mark. No wireless networking is available.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 17:44

Wow! Good news. I downloaded Dell support assist and gave it my model number. The support Assistant found 5 updates, including a firmware update, and installed it all for me. After the restart, my Wifi was back! Jay!

No Events found!