Unsolved

D

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

March 25th, 2024 11:45

Error trying to validate Networker server credentials

Hello,

I am asking for your help regarding an issue that I'm facing with BMR Networker.

I'm trying to test a BMR of a physical server to a VM because we can't urn off our production.

I have two ISO : 19.3.191 and 19.4.95

When I use 19.3.191, all is going well but the restore failed at the begining when creating partitions.

When I use 19.4.95, I'm facing the Error in the title "Server credentials".

After doing my search on the net, only once, I was able to go forward after my error and the wizard display the option : Restore physical to virtual machine P2V using 19.4.95 (I changed the date prior to 1/1/2021)

Now, when I try again my BMR with 19.4.95, always still have the Server credentials error.

Any one is facing the same issue.

Of course I'm aware of these links : 

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-ca/000196593/kb-196593-bmr-bare-metal-restore-wizard-fails-with-error-error-trying-to-validate-networker-server-credentials-no-response-from-server

https://www.dell.com/community/en/conversations/networker/cant-get-bmr-working-error-trying-to-validate-networker-server-credentials/647f9e6df4ccf8a8de302041?keyword=Error%20trying%20to%20validate%20NetWorker%20server%20credentials 

Thank you

1 Rookie

• 

114 Posts

April 22nd, 2024 21:22

what NW server version are you using that you keep on using older NW BMR iso's? As those iso's also get fixes applied to them (however sadly barely any mentioning of them with each new nw version alas).

the fact that you set the date to before 1-1-2021 already shows you are using an old bmr iso version as that 1st of Jan 2021 date issue causing the java applet not even to be started, is already fixed in later bmr versions.

Did you even try with the latest nw19.10 or nw19.9 BMR iso's? We recently had some issue with nw19.6 and 19.7 bmr iso's which where gone with using the latest and greatest nw19.9 and 19.10 bmr iso's.

As you state being aware of KB 000196593 (when the backup server is running on linux), what did you do to possibly mitigate against that issue, as we tend to set the date of the BMR client to at least one whole day earlier than the current date/time. Maybe even two days to be on the safe site, to prevent the issue where a client nsr peer certificate might be in the future (without alas having a simple way to even see information about the bmr client cert or even if you can show the cert, you would have to decode the cert to even read it (as it is only encoded but not encrypted) to see from when to when the cert is actually valid, but nsradmin is not even part of a bmr client to read local nw resource files on a client or normally interact with those resources).

View More

No Events found!