Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

May 6th, 2024 09:27

U2422HE, two PC issue working with KVM and USB-C 90W

i am trying to get the benefits of the built in kvm in this monitor. i used the guide and connected everything as in page 78. when i connect the usb-c cable to my MacBook (2 on the diagram) , i get the massage 'no usb-c signal from the your device". when i disconnect usb-a cable from the windows pc (3 in the diagram). the monitor switch correctly between the input sources , but the windows pc don't have any USB connection and cannot use the mouse and keyboard connected to the screen usb ports. this worked ok in the past and i am not sure what was changed? can someone guide me how to fix that?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 6th, 2024 12:35

To receive assistance from Dell support agents they need to first verify the ownership and warranty status. Click the blue "Get Help Now" on the right to start a private live chat session. Share the private Service Tag with them.

Just prior to the issue, did you update the macOS? If yes, from what version to what version?

* Disconnect every peripheral and cable from the U2422HE including the power cable
* Press and hold in the rear power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect the power cable to the U2422HE

* Reconnnect like this and retest =

MacBook TB --> U2422HE 1M USB-C to USB-C cable --> U2422HE #6 USB-C upstream port (video + data)

PC HDMI out --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> U2422HE #3 HDMI in port
PC USB-A port --> U2422HE USB-A to USB-C cable --> U2422HE #8 USB-C upstream port (data only)

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

May 6th, 2024 12:59

thanks . the cable were connected the same way us you suggested . maybe disconnecting everything and holding the power button solve it.

currently it works

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

May 6th, 2024 16:16

@DELL-Chris M​ 

this is very starnge, it worked ok for an hour or two. didnt changed any thing on the monitor side , but after disconnecting the usb-c cable from the macbook . it got back to the starting point with the 'no usb-c signal from the your device' massage

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 6th, 2024 17:56

"this worked ok in the past"
Just prior to the issue, did you update the macOS? If yes, from what version to what version?

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

May 7th, 2024 13:57

@DELL-Chris M​ MacBook os version is the latest : sonoma 14.4.1

if i disconnect every thing and reconnect it with the same order it works for a while , but after few hours the problem return again.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 7th, 2024 14:11

What was the prior working macOS version? macOS 13 Ventura?

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

May 8th, 2024 12:24

@DELL-Chris M​ i am with the same macbook version for long time, whenever a new verion is available i am usually updating in a few days

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 8th, 2024 12:38

Perhaps post on the Apple Forum to get their advice.

Remove the MacBook and test with Windows OS PC that has USB-C to see if same issue happens.

Dell support agents need to verify the ownership and warranty status. Click the blue "Get Help Now" on the right to start a private live chat session. Share the private Service Tag with them.

View More

No Events found!