1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 28th, 2024 22:57

S2721DGFA, Nvidia RTX 4070 HDR issues

Monitor: Dell S2721DGFA

GPU: Asus RTX 4070 

Windows 11

I used to have AMD graphics card and HDR was working fine. I switched to Nvidia RTX 4070 and if I have HDR turned on, in Windows there is some color saturation. It's so bad that I cannot see systray icons properly, for example white checkmark in Skype icon completely disappears and I can see just a green ball. If I have some bright app opened it's ok, if I minimize/close it then the issue appears again.

When I look at the HDR certification I can only see VESA and AMD but no Nvidia. Is that how it's supposed to be or do I have some conflicts because I used to have an AMD card before?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 29th, 2024 13:22

The S2721DGFA was marketed as an AMD FreeSync Premium Pro monitor with limited Nvidia G-Sync compatibility. HDR was not tested as part of this limited compatibility. A G-Sync compatible monitor is in reality an AMD FreeSync monitor which has passed certain Nvidia tests to provide an acceptable experience such as adequate variable refresh rate range, no flicker, blanking, artifacts etc. Since it is effectively piggybacking on the AMD FreeSync capabilities and everything is done at the software level, a G-Sync compatible monitor will not offer the full range of G-Sync features.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 29th, 2024 18:18

So in terms of Dell monitors I would need to look for ones that state "Nvidia G-SYNC Ultimate" to make sure it's fully tested for nvidia GPUs?

No Events found!