Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

December 14th, 2023 20:46

TPM device not detected

For the past month, every time I start up my 5-year old XPS 15 9560 laptop I receive a Dell Alert TPM Device is not detected. I don't believe I have TPM. It's not found in BIOS, Settings, Windows Security or MMC. In Windows Security I see Secure boot is on and Standard hardware security not supported. Windows 10.

The Dell Alert gives 3 options Continue, BIOS Setup and Diagnostics. I press Continue and everything works fine after that. I've tried disconnecting the battery and holding the power button down for over a minute - did not help. Is there a solution to getting rid of this error or will I need to hit Continue every start up?

Thanks for any help.

February 27th, 2024 13:57

It seems like your XPS 15 9560 laptop is experiencing an issue with TPM (Trusted Platform Module) detection. TPM is a hardware component that provides security-related functions. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. BIOS Update: Ensure that your laptop has the latest BIOS version installed. Sometimes, BIOS updates include fixes for TPM-related issues.

2. Reset BIOS Settings: Try resetting your BIOS settings to default. This can sometimes resolve hardware detection issues.

3. Check Hardware Connections: Ensure that all hardware components are properly connected inside your laptop. Loose connections or hardware issues can sometimes cause detection problems.

4. Driver Update: Ensure that all your drivers, especially chipset and security-related drivers, are up to date. You can download and install the latest drivers from the Dell support website.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 5th, 2024 13:44

Thanks. I had done all those things as well. Problem continues.

View More

No Events found!