Vostro 3750 Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

Vostro 3750 Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

Vostro 3750 Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit

This question is not answered

I originally bought my Vostro 3750 2.5 years ago and it was shipped with Windows 7 64 bit software.  While it was being built, I contacted Dell and requested 32 bit instead.  When it arrived, it had 64 bit Windows but a different DVD arrived about the same time with the 32 bit software. Like a fool, I did not back it up before I installed the 32 bit windows,  Now I want to put VM Ware on the computer but with the 4 GB memory limits on 32 bit Windows, I am not going to be a happy VM Ware user.  I would like to find the original installation files for the 64 bit Windows including all the appropriate drivers.  Does anyone know if Dell keeps archive files based on the tag number of the machines they have assembled and if they would be available at this late a date.

All Replies
  • No, there will not be a custom image - you will need to do a clean install of Windows and install the drivers yourself. You can put your Service Tag into support.dell.com to see if there is a downloadable ISO recovery image available, otherwise you will also need to obtain 64-bit media.