Three Monitor and Ultrabook Setup - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

Three Monitor and Ultrabook Setup

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

Three Monitor and Ultrabook Setup

This question has been answered by DELL-Chris M

Hi,

I am setting up a new business and home office and looking for the best computer solution to meet my needs.  I need a small ultrabook (13 or 14 inch) which has a good battery life such that I can work out of the office for most of the day without the concern of having to find an electrical outlet. I want a docking station which the ultrabook can easily be set in and be removed from quickly, and I am chasing three monitors to attach to the docking station.  I have never used daisy chaining however understand this may be a good solution for this many monitors.

I am considering getting:

• Dell E-Port Replicator Docking Station
  • Latitude 14 7000 Series (E7470)
  • 3 x Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2414H

Any advise as to whether this would work?  I am not sure that the ultrabook fits into the dock for it is not listed on the compatible list however assume it is. Will daisy chaining work with this ultrabook, Docking Station, and these three monitors?

Any advise welcome.

Verified Answer
  • The Latitude E7270/E7470 have a mDP (Mini DisplayPort) out. I have my doubts about the Dell E-Port Replicator Docking Station and daisy chaining. I would instead purchase this mDP to three DP splitter. Then use the operating system to assign all three monitors as Primary/Extended/Extended.

Latitude E7470 mDP out port --> mDP to three DP splitter

mDP to three DP splitter #1 out --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #1 U2414H mDP in
    mDP to three DP splitter #2 out --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #2 U2414H mDP in
    mDP to three DP splitter #3 out --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #3 U2414H mDP in

All Replies
  • The Latitude E7270/E7470 have a mDP (Mini DisplayPort) out. I have my doubts about the Dell E-Port Replicator Docking Station and daisy chaining. I would instead purchase this mDP to three DP splitter. Then use the operating system to assign all three monitors as Primary/Extended/Extended.

Latitude E7470 mDP out port --> mDP to three DP splitter

mDP to three DP splitter #1 out --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #1 U2414H mDP in
    mDP to three DP splitter #2 out --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #2 U2414H mDP in
    mDP to three DP splitter #3 out --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #3 U2414H mDP in