What should I buy instead of Inspiron 5737? - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

What should I buy instead of Inspiron 5737?

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

What should I buy instead of Inspiron 5737?

This question has been answered by DELL-Terry B

Hi!

I was working some time on Inspiron 5737, full HD, i7, 16 GB RAM, SSD, but can't find this laptop or this configuration anymore.

It was extermely-fast and well designed (love the aluminium design). New DELLs are more plastic and have faulty touchpads.

For instance, I have also Inspiron 5547 and the touchpad there is a joke, the pointer is laggy sometimes (it jumps and clicks randomly when the laptop is plugged in to the charger), and sometimes the gestures don't work even if they're enabled.

Unfortunately I can't return it, the seller claims it works flawless, but it's not. I will try again, because it's hilarious. I have also Inspiron 3737 and this one works like a charm, without any issues with touchpad or any other.

My questions: what should I buy instead of 5737 (because I can't buy it anymore)? Alternatively, where can I buy a new 17R 5737 full HD with i7 or i5? Is there another, non-all-plastic DELL laptop, the 5737 successor? Why that model has been canceled when it was perfect?

Best Regards

Verified Answer
  • BatSK8

Thank you for posting. For a 17" system that is similar to the 5737 I suggest taking a look at the Inspiron 17 5758 I think that they make a better match for you.  Please let me know if you think that the 5758 will be a suitable model for you.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
    #IWork4Dell

All Replies
  • BatSK8

Thank you for posting. For a 17" system that is similar to the 5737 I suggest taking a look at the Inspiron 17 5758 I think that they make a better match for you.  Please let me know if you think that the 5758 will be a suitable model for you.

TB

#IWork4Dell

• I've seen it before, but:

- I don't like how it looks. 5737 was designed much better and was pretty original, distinguish. 5758 looks similar to MacBook and I don't get the impression it's well build, it's just normal plastic.

- Seems like it has the same faulty touchpad like in 5547.

- There is no black color with full HD display (5758 looks better in black).

• Thank you for your candor, unfortunately Dell isn't currently offering any other models with 17" displays in the Inspiron Line. There are models in both Alienware and Precision but they are more expensive and may have some features that you don't need.  If you haven't taken a look though it may be worth your time.

TB

#IWork4Dell

• Any chances to get a refurbished / outlet 5737?