When can we expect OptiPlex 9040? - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

When can we expect OptiPlex 9040?

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

When can we expect OptiPlex 9040?

This question has been answered by TomWardrop

Hi All,

The Dell OptiPlex 9020 has been out for almost 3 years. Does anyone know when Dell might release a new Skylake OptiPlex 9040? Dell have only recently refresh the OptiPlex 3xxx and 7xxx lines, so can we expect a new 9xxx line soon?

EDIT: I notice the 9020 series is now listed under the 7xxx line on Dells website. Does this mean the 7040 supersedes the 9020?

Cheers 

Verified Answer
  • I just spoke to our Dell account manager and he advised that the 7040 does supersede the 9020. This is intended to bring the OptiPlex model number more inline with the Latitude model numbers.

And for any wondering like I was when quiring about the 7040, the Dell OptiPlex 7040 does support dual DisplayPort ports as an option, so 1x HDMI, 2x DisplayPort, and an optional VGA port.

All Replies
  • Hi TomWardrop,

Dell never tells any one of releases until they happen. The 7040 will be a different model.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

• I just spoke to our Dell account manager and he advised that the 7040 does supersede the 9020. This is intended to bring the OptiPlex model number more inline with the Latitude model numbers.

And for any wondering like I was when quiring about the 7040, the Dell OptiPlex 7040 does support dual DisplayPort ports as an option, so 1x HDMI, 2x DisplayPort, and an optional VGA port.