(Redirected) T5810 - Hard Drive Configuration/ Expansion - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

(Redirected) T5810 - Hard Drive Configuration/ Expansion

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

(Redirected) T5810 - Hard Drive Configuration/ Expansion

This question has been answered by sugarbear18

Does anybody know the specific configuration for the T5810 Hard Drive Bays in terms of total capacity for 2.5 and 3.5 drives  ? The manual and sales doc is a little ambiguous .  Plan would be to order with a 256 G SSD as the boot drive , and then add an additional 480 G SSD , plus 1-2 3.5 " spinning drives from the machine it would be replacing .  What I think , based on what I see , is the bays can accommodate up to 4 drives , either 2.5 or 3.5 , but the specs say 2 3.5 drive bays only .. It looks like one of the optical bays can be used for extra disk drives , but reference was made to an 'optional adaptor' ( part number ??)  . I'm told the total, based on the SATA slots on the MB, is 4. I will not be ordering the raid card , so .. 

Also, if ordered with only 1 drive , are the SATA and power connectors present for full expansion ? It doesn't seem to allow ordering a configuration for 4 hard drives without purchasing 4 hard drives ..bummer it that's true ..

Thanks in advance .  

Thanks in advance ..

Verified Answer
  • Hi snoylekim8,

Please repost this is the desktop forum for faster assistance.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

All Replies
  • Hi snoylekim8,

Please repost this is the desktop forum for faster assistance.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.