Is it possible to actually customize components in Latitude or Precision laptops anymore? - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

Is it possible to actually customize components in Latitude or Precision laptops anymore?

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

Is it possible to actually customize components in Latitude or Precision laptops anymore?

This question has been answered by theflash1932

Maybe some hidden link to a base configuration?

If not any idea why Dell appears to have dumped their primary advantage?

Verified Answer
  • Yes, but you can't do that with every machine.  Especially the newer models, they are pretty locked down in their pre-set configurations.

All Replies
  • I agree. I had been wanting to buy a Precision M4800 but I can't because they don't offer at least 3 items that are listed in the spec. Why put it in the spec if it's not available? It's frustrating that a company would advertise something they don't offer. I guess I will stick with Lenovo.

• I agree.  I want to to fully customize a $3000+ laptop and there does not appear to be a way to do so.  It seems Dell no longer wants me as a customer.

• I recently purchased 4xM6800 and was able to freely customise them, they are $4000+ machines
  • Yes, but you can't do that with every machine.  Especially the newer models, they are pretty locked down in their pre-set configurations.