which desktop / workstation has good power saving features - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

which desktop / workstation has good power saving features

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

which desktop / workstation has good power saving features

This question has been answered by sugarbear18

I have a Dell OptiPlex 960, and have been fairly impressed with its quiet fan and the variability built-in to the fan and temperature sensing, both in the PSU and the chassis / cpu fan.  This unit is a number of years old.

I am wondering, which OptiPlex or workstation now has gone the extra mile for using power when needed, and shutting it down when not.  Things like fan, PSU efficiency, ability to sleep and wake when "asked," but yet have extra cpu and ram power when needed are most important.  Some cpu functions just don't burn so many watts, and the system needs to adjust.  I am planning on SSD HD so, spin-down is not an issue, and this would be a utility player, so graphics is not needed, but if it were, what do you think?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Hi EJOHNJ,

The Optiplex 9010 would be good for you to look at. On the page you will see small form and mini. The last one is the full size desktop.

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/optiplex-9010/fs

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

All Replies
  • Hi EJOHNJ,

The Optiplex 9010 would be good for you to look at. On the page you will see small form and mini. The last one is the full size desktop.

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/optiplex-9010/fs

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.