why Dell does not sell All in ones with SSD instead of a regular HD - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

why Dell does not sell All in ones with SSD instead of a regular HD

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

why Dell does not sell All in ones with SSD instead of a regular HD

This question has been answered by DELL-Satya P

Hi,

Even when SSD is mentioned in the overall introduction sheet, when trying to buy an all-in-one, workstation, laptop,... I never can select a SSD instead of a regular harddrive. 

I own a XPS12 laptop and this has an SSD af 128Gb. An SSD gives a phenomenal speed boost, no noise, no vibrations, a fantastic user experience! The best improvement since years.

Dell, please change your products and offer at least a small SSD!

Thanks in advance, Geert.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Geert,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'd suggest you to please voice your opinion here: Idea Storm because we strongly believe customer feedback plays an important role in evaluating our products and services. While I cannot make any promises that every all-in-one system will be available with a internal SSD but right now we do have XPS 18 that provides an option to configure with an mSATA SSD which works as a caching device to enhance faster boot process. You can check XPS 18 here: http://dell.to/13j1R5V

Thanks and Regards
    Satya P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
    Yes" button.

All Replies
  • Hi Geert,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'd suggest you to please voice your opinion here: Idea Storm because we strongly believe customer feedback plays an important role in evaluating our products and services. While I cannot make any promises that every all-in-one system will be available with a internal SSD but right now we do have XPS 18 that provides an option to configure with an mSATA SSD which works as a caching device to enhance faster boot process. You can check XPS 18 here: http://dell.to/13j1R5V

Thanks and Regards
    Satya P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
    Yes" button.

• Similar question: Your literature for Optiplex products mentions SSD's and Hybrid Drives , and 16 GB memory options but there is no such thing in the configuration menu. My last purchase was an Apple I Mac with their fusion drive, which is a 1TB HD with a 128GB SSD. and it is amazing! Turns on like a light bulb.  Why couldn't I have bought a Dell all in one like that???

• I agree - I am looking to purchase all-in-ones for our writing lab, but am disappointed there is no option for SDD, at least for sizes with decent monitor sizes (18 is a bit small). With lower energy costs, lower heat, lower noise, and faster boot up (and program launches), they would be wonderful to have for a writing lab. I may have to give up the all-in-one idea, and go for a more space consuming desktop (was trying to reduce clutter as well) just so we can have 23 inch monitors, Plus, not really interested in a touch screen for the student PCs, but the only all-in-one y'all have, are touch screens.

And that XPS 18 with the 32 GB SDD. It is paired with a 5200 RPM HDD - not a 7200, but a 5200. Very fast SDD paired with the slowest HDD. Not impressed.

OK, this is confusing. Doing a Google search, I found a Dell website link to a 27 inch all in one touch screen with SDD (well, just for OS, 32 GB, then a regular HDD). But using Dell's website, going to all-in-ones, the only 27 inch they have is a 1 TB HDD with no SDD. Man, I'm getting a headache trying to get the info I need.

• Hi David Merchant,

You can repost this in the desktop forum for more expert advice on what you can buy.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.