Memory upgradation - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

Memory upgradation

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

Memory upgradation

This question is not answered
Could anyone please help us for upgrading the Desktop Computer System RAM bearing Service Tag No. [Admin note, Service tag number removed per TOU policy.] TD.
RAM module is to be increased from exiting 4GB to 8GB. Need additional one unit of DDR3 4GB RAM memory module against this Service Tag.
All Replies
  • comptech.jsr
    Could anyone please help us for upgrading the Desktop Computer System RAM bearing Service Tag No. [Admin note, Service tag number removed per TOU policy.] TD.
    RAM module is to be increased from exiting 4GB to 8GB. Need additional one unit of DDR3 4GB RAM memory module against this Service Tag.

comptech.jsr

Please post the computer model and version of windows, instead of the Service Tag.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• comptech.jsr

comptech.jsr

Please post the computer model and version of windows, instead of the Service Tag.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Computer Model: Dell OptiPlex 7010 MT; Version of Windows: MS Windows 7 Professional (64-bit); [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy]

• Hello Comptech.J Sr,

Dell Optiplex 7010 supports up to 16GB DDR3 1333/1600MHz memory. There are four variants for Optiplex 7010. MT, DT, SFF has Four memory slots and USFF has 2 slots. 

Please Note: 1600MHz memory will only perform as 1600MHz memory when 3rd generation (IVB) CPUs are used. It will perform as 1333MHz memory if 2nd generation (SNB) i3 2130, i3 2125, i3 2120, G860, G850 CPUs are installed in the system. It will perform as 1066MHz memory if 2nd generation (SNB) G640, G630, G540, G530, G460 CPUs are installed in the system.

For more details, see: Crucial Memory Advisor and Dell Memory Selector

Hope this helps! 

I would also request you not put the service tag on the public forum due to the privacy reasons.  

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".