buying a server - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

buying a server

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

buying a server

This question is not answered

hi iam looking to by a dell server for home its going to be used for cctv videos but i dont whount a server that is to nosie becuse its going in the hallway all so looking to add more hdd to it if need but i dont whount to spend loads on it the most is £0 to £360 on it eney idears

All Replies
  • Hi oneill06,

Dell has series of server and I would suggest you to go for tower server [compact] as the usage is for home to Monitor CCTV.

Below link will provide you a list of servers to choose.

http://dell.to/Wt8ZFi

These servers have some great specification which is helpful for your usage as the server comes with a hard drive and optical drive with minimum 2GB Memory for better performance.

You can also contact are sales team for ongoing offers and promotions.

Please do get back to us for further assistance or information.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nikhil M
    #iworkfordell

• yer they look ok to buy but its a usa computer and the plug will not work becuse i live in the uk but if there a dell servers that are like that it whound help with the t110 can they be liked togerther so i just have one moniter or do they have to be togerther

• HI oneill06,

Since the system is used in UK and was Purchased in USA the plug will not work.

You can purchase a convertible adapter that will make the plug compatible to work.

You can contact are sales team and they will help you with the same.

Please do get back to us on further assistance or information.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nikhil M
    #iworkfordell

• Hi oneill06,

The above link provided was of USA. Below is the link for UK and you can look out for purchasing the server.

You can also contact are sales team and they will help you with the same.

http://dell.to/UrGev5

Please get back to us on further assistance or information.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nikhil M
    #iworkfordell

• thank you how menny of therse t110 can be linked togerther by lan connection and are all on one moniter and can be shered over my network and be viewd by outher computers

• Hi oneill06,

It will be linked to one LAN connections and yes all monitor can be shared over by a  network and it can be viewed by another computer.

Please do get back to us on further information.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nikhil M
    #iworkfordell

• ok say if i had 4 of the t110 can they all be linked togerther so i can view all hdd on one computer and linked so i can view them on one moniter

• Hi oneill06,

Since you are linking all the server, you can definitely view all the hard drive in one system and can be viewed on the monitor.

For more information you can contact are sales team and they will help you.

Sales team contact number: 0844 444 4155

Thanks and Regards,
    Nikhil M
    #iworkfordell