Netbook or tablet? - For Small & Medium Business - Forum - For Small & Medium Business - Dell Community

Netbook or tablet?

For Small & Medium Business

For Small & Medium Business
Technology & Services for your Office

Netbook or tablet?

This question is not answered

I am looking at getting a new computer.  I have tested out some tablets and they are great for surfing the web, but have not learn or gotten the hang of no mouse.  Does anyone use a table for spreadsheet editing?  If so which one do you use?  I have been a long time user of netbooks and laptops and old habits are hard to break.  The touch pad on netbooks and laptops are easy to use when editing spreadsheets using hot keys for cut and paste, but on a tablet?  

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. 

All Replies
  • Hello Frank,

As you have mentioned that you are planning to get a new computer and you’re more interested in getting a tablet than a laptop or a netbook. I see your concern is working on a spreadsheet which is actually difficult using a tablet. Well, I have a couple of recommendations which would serve your purpose.

New XPS 12 Convertible Touch Ultrabook. It is full HD with touch screen and is newly introduced in the market. XPS 12 can also be used as a tablet and a laptop. We just need to flip the screen. The battery life will not be an issue as there will be a power saving option on XPS 12.

My second recommendation is the Latitude 10 tablet, Productivity Bundle. It is a tablet with a 10inch  touch screen. Enjoy in-office, desktop-like productivity with the productivity dock designed specifically for the Latitude 10. It has the option to connect the keyboard and mouse to it, which would be helpful for you to work on the spreadsheets.

Hope this helps!

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

• To add to Allan; Tablets are great for 'consuming' data (reading on the internet or digital books and such, watching youtube or netflix and things like that.

When you do a lot of data entry (e.g. into a spreadsheet), you really want a full keyboard and mouse (or trackpad/trackball).

One of those hybrid systems that Allan suggested gives you both more of less (pretty heavy compared to a tablet though, and at a price premium).

Member since 2003