Home Theater PC

For Home

For Home
Computers & Related Items for Personal and Entertainment

Home Theater PC

This question is not answered

I'm replacing a Studio 540 used as a home theater PC.   It was roughly the size of a componant and stacked well with other gear.  I liked that it had a true "desktop" chassis configuration.  Meaning it was designed to be layed down on its side.  Rubber feet so my shelf didn't scratch.  You could orient the Dell logo correctly if you either stood it as a tower, or desktop.  It was relativley quiet.  It had SPDIF out for my recevier ( which doesn't take HDMI).  What's a good model to look at?

All Replies
  • Hello Pcrequest,

There are few options that can be looked upon. XPS 8500 Special EditionNew Inspiron One 23 All-in-One Desktop With Optional Touch Screen; Alienware Aurora 6. These are the new home theater PCs. You may want to choose any one from these. 

Please write back if you have any further queries, I'd be glad to assist you further.  

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

• Thanks for your reply, but I need a computer chassis that will lay on it's side (desktop).  See my OP.  The XPS 8500 and Aurora are tower only.  One 23 has a display which doesn't work since I'm hooking up to a 52 inch LCD HDTV which will be the only display.  This HTPC is for my living room.

• Hi Pcrequest,

I apologize for the late response. Since you wanted a PC which can be laid horizontally on it's side, you may want to check the New Alienware X51 Mini Gaming Desktop

Please write back if you have any further questions, would be glad to assist you further. 

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

• That looks very promising, thank you.  I see there are no open slots for cards inside for TV tuners, but one could use a USB tuner.  I like that it has S/PDIF out for multichannel audio.  Are there any specs on noise level?

Any other Dell desktops that can lie on their side?

• Hello Pcrequest, 

As of now Dell has only one model that can be laid horizontally on its side. Please click here for the specification for an Alienware x51.

Please write back if you have any further questions. 

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell

• Hi Pcrequest,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell