optiplex gx270, new graphics card?

For Home

For Home
Computers & Related Items for Personal and Entertainment

optiplex gx270, new graphics card?

This question is not answered

hello, i have a slim optiplex gx270. i'm looking for an upgrade for my current graphics card. i dont know much about graphics cards. i have changed out a motherboard in a different computer, so i think i can handle swapping out a graphics card.  this is my 11 year old sons computer, he mostly plays games and watches youtube videos. the games he plays aren't too intense, he plays mindcraft., world of tanks, sims, etc. the only game he hasn't been able to play is: lego star wars the video game episode 1,2, & 3.  this is what dell says i have : Card, Graphics, 64MB, NVidia, Low Profile, OptiPlex. if you need more info on the current card, please tell me where to look. i found this one on amazon : PNY VCGFX55APB Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 128MB DDR SDRAM AGP 8x Graphics Card. i also found this one on amazon : Dell Nvidia GeForce5 FX5200 128MB Windows 7 Dual DVI Low Profile SFF AGP Video Graphics Card. am i on the right track, will either of these work?   it only has 2 sticks (1 gig) of memory, do i need to install more?  will i need to upgrade the power supply? it has 210w max output right now.   i don't know if this is important information, but i will be replacing (not upgrading) the motherboard in a few days because it died.  thank you for helping. -brandy

All Replies
  • Optiplex GX270 Parts and Upgrades

Memory Upgrade? You're exactly on target if you want more power and longevity from your system. Dell's tested and validated tier-one memory is easy to buy, easy to install in your Dell PC.

Upgrading memory is a cost-effective way to help maximize your system's performance and stay up to speed with all the new technologies on the market.

• Adding software for gaming, editing photos, or downloading streaming video from news sites?
    • Planning on a digital camera or PDA?

With more memory, your PC can launch and run applications faster moving you into a new realm of computing.