B130 memory

For Home

For Home
Computers & Related Items for Personal and Entertainment

B130 memory

This question is answered

I have a Dell Inspiron B130 whose memory I wanted to upgrade. Right now it has 1GB of memory that came with the laptop when I bought it. The maximum memory that the laptop can support is 2GB. 

Does the 1GB that comes with the laptop a single module or is it actually 2 512MB modules? I wasn't sure if I just need to buy another 1 GB module or would I need to buy 2 1GB module. Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Download and run the free SPECCY program   Click Me    It will detail what you have installed, either one or two memory modules. 

Because Dell's have a history of memory incompatibility, for non-Dell memory most of the Techs on here recommend Crucial Memory.

HERE is the Crucial Listing for the B130 

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

All Replies
  • Download and run the free SPECCY program   Click Me    It will detail what you have installed, either one or two memory modules. 

Because Dell's have a history of memory incompatibility, for non-Dell memory most of the Techs on here recommend Crucial Memory.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• The Inspiron B130 memory specification are the same as the one for the B120 and Inspiron 1300 models

Maximum Memory: 2048

Number Of Slots: 2

Here is the link for the memory upgrade that can be found at Dell.com

• fireberd

Download and run the free SPECCY program   Click Me    It will detail what you have installed, either one or two memory modules. 

Fireberd is absolutely correct. The B130 was sold with 3 memory configurations 512 MB, 1024 MB (1 GB), and 2048 MB (2 GB). 

You can also check System Information in the Control Panel to see the "Installed Physical Memory (RAM)" and use the below chart to see how Dell would have populated the RAM slots.

• 512 MB = Slot A 256 MB / Slot B 256 MB
    • 1024 MB = Slot A 512 MB / Slot B 512 MB
    • 2048 MB = Slot A 1024 MB / Slot B 1024MB

Best of Luck!

DELL-Gina V