Low Profile USB3.0 PCi Card for Inspiron Desktop 620s. - For Home - Forum - For Home - Dell Community

Low Profile USB3.0 PCi Card for Inspiron Desktop 620s.

For Home

For Home
Computers & Related Items for Personal and Entertainment

Low Profile USB3.0 PCi Card for Inspiron Desktop 620s.

This question has been answered by fireberd

I posted a thread on Inspiron 620s (SFF) in the DESKTOP Dell's forum.  But I think I will get better exposal here.

I like to know the implications of buying a low-profile USB3.0 pci card (with 3 external & 1 interal ports) for the 620s?

Will the PSU be damaged because of the addition of the USB3.0 card?  I know that the PSU in 620s carry a lower voltage.
What about damaging to the motherboard?

Has anyone experience issues after adding USB3.0 to the 620s?

I am think of getting the 620s but I want to add a USB3.0 card.  Also, due to space limitation, I have no choice but the 620s only.

Thank you all for your kind assistance.

Verified Answer
  • You best option is where you were before.  This section is basically for those considering a new PC and what they need for their requirements.  

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS Z170, i7 6700K CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Studio Software.

Dell SE2717HR 27" Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

All Replies
  • You best option is where you were before.  This section is basically for those considering a new PC and what they need for their requirements.  

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS Z170, i7 6700K CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Studio Software.

Dell SE2717HR 27" Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.