sim card and wwan card

For Home

For Home
Computers & Related Items for Personal and Entertainment

sim card and wwan card

This question is answered

i am having doubt on WWAN card,i dont like to use the external modem for internet as i prefer internal modem please give solution about WWAN card,as i am using my xps L502x and my network adoptor is Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6230 and there is a sim card slot under the battery is there any relation between them............and i am from india and i am ready to buy the high range wwan card help me for that......

Verified Answer
  • Hi avhariprasath,

The only way to get the WWAN for this laptop is to get an external usb adapter as there are no other options after the laptop is configured . You Will not be able to use the WWAN as the backcover in your laptop is pre-configured for WLAN .

Regards

Krishna Chaitanya

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

All Replies
  • Hi avhariprasath,

Welcome to the community

The system was shipped with a N6230 WLAN card which is a WIFI and Bluetooth card. If the system has a WWAN card then we can use the SIM lot. As the system does not have a WWAN card pre shipped from factory, we cannot use that.

Regards

Krishna Chaitanya

• Hello Chaitanya,

My actual doubt is,is it worth to buy this wwan card and please show me the best wwan card that i should buy and what about the coverage and speed of that sim card.........will it work in INDIA

• Hi avhariprasath,

Welcome to the community

• WWAN card is for using internet using SIM card while you are on the go (travelling), mostly people who travel a lot configure it.
    • Dell offers WWAN as the point of sale, you have to select that option while you are configuring the computer.
    • Also to confirm about your system specifications, I would request you to send me a private message. By clicking on my username, add me as a friend and send me your service tag and Phone number .

Regards

Krishna Chaitanya

Krishnachaitanya

Certified Dell Community Professional

• Hi avhariprasath,

The only way to get the WWAN for this laptop is to get an external usb adapter as there are no other options after the laptop is configured . You Will not be able to use the WWAN as the backcover in your laptop is pre-configured for WLAN .

Regards

Krishna Chaitanya

• Hi,

My Laptop model is E5420, it has a sim slot. However associated WWAN card is not installed. I intend to purchase from ebay. I would like to make sure that will this work for India Sim card 

<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed as per privacy policy >

<ADMIN NOTE: contact number removed as per privacy policy >