Can I use a 32 inch or bigger HD TV as my monitor?

For Home

For Home
Computers & Related Items for Personal and Entertainment

Can I use a 32 inch or bigger HD TV as my monitor?

This question is answered

A gamer in the building I live in does that. I want to watch videos on a big screen, as opposed to a 20 in monitor. I need to buy both a

new Desktop and a HD TV. I have been told I need an HDMI Port, but I think most new TVs have a VGA port. So, would work to just use

a HD TV like that. I write letters, surf the web, go to forums and e-mail. Everyday stuff like that. Would it work just to buy a tower and a

big screen HD TV?

Verified Answer
  • Doug FL

A gamer in the building I live in does that. I want to watch videos on a big screen, as opposed to a 20 in monitor. I need to buy both a

new Desktop and a HD TV. I have been told I need an HDMI Port, but I think most new TVs have a VGA port. So, would work to just use

a HD TV like that. I write letters, surf the web, go to forums and e-mail. Everyday stuff like that. Would it work just to buy a tower and a

big screen HD TV?

You can use any size of TV as a monitor. If you have a graphics card n your system, run a HDMI cable from your graphics card to your TV, on the older LED TV, they have a DVI port, and so does your graphics card. Motherboards do come with a HDMI port, very few will have a DVI, and HDMI.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

All Replies
  • Doug FL

big screen HD TV?

You can use any size of TV as a monitor. If you have a graphics card n your system, run a HDMI cable from your graphics card to your TV, on the older LED TV, they have a DVI port, and so does your graphics card. Motherboards do come with a HDMI port, very few will have a DVI, and HDMI.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.