Compellent Drive Help - For Enterprise - Forum - For Enterprise - Dell Community

Compellent Drive Help

For Enterprise

For Enterprise
Technology, Solutions & Services to meet your Business Needs

Compellent Drive Help

This question is not answered

Hey Group - 

We have a partner that purchased some off-lease Dell Compellent SC220 shelves

3x with 24x 300GB 15K SAS

4x with 24x (1x with 6x) 900GB 10K SAS

All 3x 300GB 15K SAS shelves stood up with no issue

Out of 78x 900GB 10K SAS - only 33x of them are adding to the storage pool. The other 45x are displaying "Drive is not a Dell Compellent Enterprise Plus drive". The disk drives are identical in P/N and firmware REV.

They already have 96x drives in their system so not a licensing issue - but seeing if anyone has run into this before and has some advice for helping them out.

Thanks!

All Replies
  • Hello DanRaneyDell,

With the drives that are giving you the error that they are not Compellent certified drives what is the dell part# that is on those drives? Also when you added the SC220’s to your san did you add them into the existing loop or did you create a new loop?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
    Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
    Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

• Hey Sam - 

Appreciate the quick response!

Dell P/N is 05J9P (It's a Seagate ST9900805SS)

These were added to a new loop/chain

Thanks!

Dan

• Hello DanRaneyDell,

Thanks for the part# of the drives as it helped to confirm the drives. Can I get you to do a couple of things for me? I need to know if you can send a phone home log from your Compellent that is not allowing the drives to be seen so that way we can see the full extent of the error. Also I will send you an email & I will need to get your SSN# so that I can look up & get the phone home log that your will create. If I can also get you to take a picture of the label on the drive just so we can compare that with the phone home log that would be great as well.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
    Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
    Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

• Hi Sam

So I'm having the same issue and have confirmed the Dell PN is indeed 05J9P.  However, the firmware on the drives is CE09 whereas the original drives that it came with are have an older firmware version CE07.  I'm running SCOS 6.2.1?