For Enterprise

For Enterprise
Technology, Solutions & Services to meet your Business Needs

Dell PowerEdge T110 II Tower Server

This question is answered

Hi,

For Dell PowerEdge T110 II Tower Server

if I choose

Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2008 x64 R2 SP1 Standard Edition(5CAL), FI, S-Chinese [Included in Price]

as the OS, why do I then have one error like

The Microsoft Window Server 2008 version R2 SP1Operating System required to have 40GB or 80GB or maximum Hard Drivepartition. To fix the issue, please use the links provided.

which harddisk configuration should I choose?

Regards,

Verified Answer
  • Once you scroll down to the section "Boot Partition Setup (For Windows(R) OS only)" and select 40 or 80gb partition the error you are referencing disappears.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

• The memory on this server is actually DDR3 along with all the other 11th generation servers.

Memory

The PowerEdge T110 II will support DDR3 memory providing a high performance, high-speed memory interface capable of low latency response and high through put. For the Intel-based T110 II, there will be up to 4 total DIMMs supported. Additional memory specifics regarding memory include:

• 2Gb DRAM technology
    • Supports 2 channels per processor
    • Supports Un-buffered (UDIMM) ECC DDR3 DIMMs.
    • DDR3 speed of 1333 only is supported
    • Single Rank and Dual Rank UDIMMs supported.
    • No RDIMM support.
    • Non-ECC DIMMs are not supported.
    • Support for up to 32GB UDIMM memory (with 4 x 8GB UDIMMs)
    • No support for quad rank DIMMs
    • Single DIMM configuration only with DIMM in socket A1

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

All Replies
  • Any advice?

• For your own test, could you please try to order this

http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=u421101hk&c=hk&l=en&s=bsd&cs=hkbsd1&model_id=poweredge-t110-2

for knowing my questions?

• Any advice?

• Once you scroll down to the section "Boot Partition Setup (For Windows(R) OS only)" and select 40 or 80gb partition the error you are referencing disappears.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

• Many thanks. BTW, can I know, for this

http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=u421101hk&c=hk&l=en&s=bsd&cs=hkbsd1&model_id=poweredge-t110-2

the RAM is DDR2 one or not?

• The memory on this server is actually DDR3 along with all the other 11th generation servers.

Memory

The PowerEdge T110 II will support DDR3 memory providing a high performance, high-speed memory interface capable of low latency response and high through put. For the Intel-based T110 II, there will be up to 4 total DIMMs supported. Additional memory specifics regarding memory include:

• 2Gb DRAM technology
    • Supports 2 channels per processor
    • Supports Un-buffered (UDIMM) ECC DDR3 DIMMs.
    • DDR3 speed of 1333 only is supported
    • Single Rank and Dual Rank UDIMMs supported.
    • No RDIMM support.
    • Non-ECC DIMMs are not supported.
    • Support for up to 32GB UDIMM memory (with 4 x 8GB UDIMMs)
    • No support for quad rank DIMMs
    • Single DIMM configuration only with DIMM in socket A1

• Thanks a lot. Can I know if this server is noisy or not during running it, and what the difference is between “Un-buffered (UDIMM) ECC DDR3 DIMMs” and those DDR3 RAMs used on the normal desktops (not servers)?

• The T110 II server is going to be noisier than a normal workstation or desktop.  It has larger fans to cool the chassis.  The memory is an enterprise grade product that is rated for better performance.

• Thanks. How can I compare such enterprise grade RAM with that of the desktop?