Dimension 9100 - Motherboard Replacement (X8582) - For Enterprise - Forum - For Enterprise - Dell Community

Dimension 9100 - Motherboard Replacement (X8582)

For Enterprise

For Enterprise
Technology, Solutions & Services to meet your Business Needs

Dimension 9100 - Motherboard Replacement (X8582)

• Hello all,

This is my first post, but I did do a search for my problem prior to posting.  That search didn't yield the results I need.

My problem is my motherboard has decided to die on me and I can't seem to find a replacement board - I'm still waiting to hear back from Dell Sales but I'm sure they'll be the most expensive option available.  I found a couple merchants online and a couple others from reading through other forum posts, but the particular board I need seems to be 'out of stock' everywhere.

So, does anyone know of another board that's compatible with the 9100?  

The part number I have/need is X8582.  If I didn't need the data on my HDD's I would definitely be building my own PC this time around - not messing with anymore proprietary components.  Lesson learned.

System Info:

Dimension 9100

Pentium D 820

Vista Ultimate & XP Home (Dual Boot and installed on separate HDD's)

Stock 160GB HDD and installed 500GB HDD (both 7200)

(please let me know if you need additional component details)

Thanks! 

• JBinSD

A X8582 System Board/ Main Board for Dimension 9100, can be purchased either from here, or here

You could also, call Dell Spare Parts here

Bev.

===================================================
    Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
    Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Hi Bev,

Thanks for responding.  I was really hoping to find something cheaper (and blueskyave is out of the Mobo at this time..).

Quick question - I seem to keep seeing another Motherboard, Dell Part # FJ030, as being compatible with my 9100 (I believe the FJ030 is used in the XPS 400/ 9150).

Do you know if that system board (or any others for that matter!) are compatible with my system?  

My goal here is to salvage the data on my drives without having to reformat, and from what I've read online I need to get the exact same mobo to do so.  So if using the FJ030 or another board instead of X8582 (aka MD496 according to Dell Spare  Parts) will force me to reformat the drives then it's not a viable option.

Thanks again!

JBinSD 

• JBinSD

You should be able to use a 9150 motherboard in the 9100, they seem to be indentical, except for one minor memory difference.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

But I cannot say, that you would not need to reinstall windows.

If you need to recover the files from the 9100 hard drive, install it in a powered external USB 2.0 SATA enclosure, similar to this and attach a working system, then copy the files.

Bev.

===================================================
    Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
    Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• hii ,

i have the same problem like u .. my motherboard is dead  .. can u tell me how did u fix ur problem .. like did u buy new board if yes where from . or u bought 9150 board did it give some compatibility issues ..

• I need to replace my motherboard on my dimension 9100. I am assuming that I can use a 9100 or 9150

replacement. Is there a tutorial or instructions with the part.