how to restore inspiron 630m to factory

For Enterprise

For Enterprise
Technology, Solutions & Services to meet your Business Needs

how to restore inspiron 630m to factory

• I formatted hard drive and installed widnows XP. But NIC drivers isnt installed by XP. This is the first time I am seeing this behaviour in XP. I think itsn't recognizing dell's NIC card. Without internet this laptop is useless. I am trying to fallback to factory but couldnt. ctrl + F11 doesnt do any thing at the boot up.
    I dont have restore CD. All I have is a note form DELL on how to recover from XP's system recover.
    thanks for any advice/help.
  • If you've already reformatted and reinstalled Windows you disabled the Ctrl-F11 restore option. If you can use another PC to access the Internet you can go to the Drivers & Downloads area and get what you need.
  • Jeff,
    thanks for the reply. Pl reply for the following questions.
    1. Is there any way I can get the hidden partition ? mine is 60GB HD, I see only 54 GB. Hidden drive is created for restoration, in my case its useless.
    2. why XP isnt installing NIC card driver ?
    thanks again

• putta wrote:
    I formatted hard drive and installed widnows XP.

But NIC drivers isnt installed by XP. This is the first time I am seeing this behaviour in XP. I think itsn't recognizing dell's NIC card.

First time?  XP NEVER installs the internet drivers...

With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...   

http://www.rickmktg.com/delltalk.htm

• putta wrote:
    Jeff,
    thanks for the reply. Pl reply for the following questions.
    1. Is there any way I can get the hidden partition ? mine is 60GB HD, I see only 54 GB. Hidden drive is created for restoration, in my case its useless.
    2. why XP isnt installing NIC card driver ?
    thanks again

In the future, by using the Advanced Forum Search on the bottom of this page, you can quite easily find the answer to this often asked question. 

1) If the Symantec PC Restore utility won't work, but still resides on your computer, a Dell customer has figured out some ways to get it to work again. Note - If you removed this partition, it is not recoverable, cannot be downloaded from the internet, and cannot be shipped from Dell. Click here for ways to fix Symantec PC Restore. Users have also reported that the partition can be restored with Ghost 2003, and Ghost 9 using the '03 capabilities of it. If you boot to the Ghost 9 CD, select Advanced Recovery Taks, select Utilities, then Restore Legacy Image it should work - but you want to verify the image before attempting the restore. It's in a folder called IMG.

2) Never has.  But you can EASILY download the drivers as was explained above onto a CD on the computer you are currently using.  And you can call/chat/email Dell to send all your CDs.

With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...   

http://www.rickmktg.com/delltalk.htm