Where is my "saved cart"? - For Enterprise - Forum - For Enterprise - Dell Community

Where is my "saved cart"?

For Enterprise

For Enterprise
Technology, Solutions & Services to meet your Business Needs

Where is my "saved cart"?

• I added a bunch of items to my cart and then I decided to save the cart. The popup page show the expiration is 6/2.

However, after a couple of hours, my cart timed out. Clicking on "My Cart" showed nothing -- no saved Cart.

Where is it?

• redhonker wrote:
    I added a bunch of items to my cart and then I decided to save the cart. The popup page show the expiration is 6/2.

However, after a couple of hours, my cart timed out. Clicking on "My Cart" showed nothing -- no saved Cart.

Where is it?

When you go to save a cart, it has you log into your account.  It then gives you a date that it will hold it till, UNLESS one or more elements of your configuration(s) becomes unavailable. 

So, on Weds you configure a machine and save it.  On Thursday, offers change, and the configuration you picked is no longer available. 

A progressive company would tell you that, let you see what changed, and reconfigure it.  Not Dell.

With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...   

http://www.rickmktg.com/delltalk.htm

• My cart only contained a bunch of memory cards and a reader. Nothing changed. :(

• redhonker wrote:
    My cart only contained a bunch of memory cards and a reader. Nothing changed. :(

Dell reprices every week at least, so if they changed shipping it would invalidate your cart.

With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...   

http://www.rickmktg.com/delltalk.htm

• I see this happened to you some years ago, but it's happened to me now, in 2011! The person I chatted with yesterday at Dell had no answers and had someone call me. That person could reach some items in my cart, but not the smaller items I put in there. Frustrating!

• And, yes, nothing appeared to have changed about the items I was trying to buy.

• Just happened to me. On hold with Dell for 30 mins. Guess I will try Best Buy, Staples or somewhere else. Its a shame to, been buying PC's from Dell for 15 years.

• I saved cart about 10 minutes ago! were is it!