ntel WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card VS Intel WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

For Enterprise

For Enterprise
Technology, Solutions & Services to meet your Business Needs

ntel WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card VS Intel WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

This question is not answered

Hi,

Could you please advice me on this wireless network cards purchase.The options I have are:

Intel WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card , OR  Intel WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

The Intel website has rated them equally on performance. So, is it worth buying paying the extra bucks for the 5300??and why??

All Replies
  • benilava,

The Intel website has rated them equally on performance.  Intel has answered your question.

• ctalia4000,

But, Dell charges $25 extra for the 5300 wireless card.So, I was wondering if we were missing someting here??

• If Intel says the products are of equal qualify, you buy the 5100.

• ctalia4000,

Thanks for your help.

• Hello benilava, I think you had a question about which WiFi card to purchase with your new laptop. First, I want to let you know I work for Intel in their consumer marketing team.  My goal is to provide you with additional information to clarify the difference between the difference between the Intel Wi-Fi 5100 and 5300 wi-fi solutions for your new laptop.

On the Intel web site (http://bit.ly/1GrPpU) you will find the 5300 Wi-Fi option includes Ultimate N.  The benefits of Ultimate N comes in the form of better data throughput, broader wi-fi coverage and better power performance. 

Here is a quick recap of 5300 Wi-Fi:

• Up to 450 Mbps bandwidth vs. 300 Mbps for 5100
    • Improved coverage throughout your home up to 2x over legacy a/b/g wi-fi– thus reducing deadzones

I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your new Dell Laptop.

• Michael Taylor,

I guess I made a mistake in thinking that both of these modes offer the same performance. Thanks for, the information and helping me make a wiser decision.