What is best insurance to buy a Dell XPS 15? - What Do I Buy Forum - What Do I Buy - Dell Community

What is best insurance to buy a Dell XPS 15?

What Do I Buy

What Do I Buy
Need help deciding which product or service to purchase? Let us help you!

What is best insurance to buy a Dell XPS 15?

This question has been answered by ejn63

I have a Dell desk top that I bought in 2007. This is still going strong albeit have had to change HDD and Graphic card along the way as well as the wireless keyboard&mouse due to failure. I still love it running WIN 10 Prof.

Now I am keen to buy Dell,'s latest Laptop XPS 15 but rather hesitant after reading the ongoing "Flickering" issues.

I could buy this from a retailer in UK -John Lewis, with for extra £80.00 guarantee for 5 years (John Lewis gives 2 years as standard guarantee).

I bought my desktop directly from Dell.

Which is the better option for a consumer/ buyer especially with this ongoing (I suppose unresolved) flickering issue with XPS laptops?

Regards

Verified Answer
  • If that price includes coverage for a replacement system should parts no longer be available for repairing your current one, it's a bargain. The entire industry is headed toward a 36 month support cycle -- that is, you'll find parts support pretty much ends at 3 years, and with the proprietary components in a notebook, that means end of life for a system that fails in a major way beyond that point.

All Replies
  • If that price includes coverage for a replacement system should parts no longer be available for repairing your current one, it's a bargain. The entire industry is headed toward a 36 month support cycle -- that is, you'll find parts support pretty much ends at 3 years, and with the proprietary components in a notebook, that means end of life for a system that fails in a major way beyond that point.