Which dock should I get for the Latitude E6540? - What Do I Buy Forum - What Do I Buy - Dell Community

Which dock should I get for the Latitude E6540?

What Do I Buy

What Do I Buy
Need help deciding which product or service to purchase? Let us help you!

Which dock should I get for the Latitude E6540?

This question has been answered by DELL-Felix T

I'd like more USB ports and the ability to undock quickly without messing with the power cable, but when I search for a dock on Dell's site, a bunch come up under my laptop's model number, many look similar and they have varying costs, but I'm not sure which is the most-used or most-recommended.

Any advice?

pilot.search.dell.com/latitude e6540 dock

Verified Answer
  • I would opt for one of the E-type portreplicators. They can power the laptop, have passthrough for all the important ports (network, audio, display) and offer some nice mounting options for limited desk space.

The bigger version of this replicator offers 5 USB ports in addition to two DP/DVI-Combo video outputs.

All Replies
  • I would opt for one of the E-type portreplicators. They can power the laptop, have passthrough for all the important ports (network, audio, display) and offer some nice mounting options for limited desk space.

The bigger version of this replicator offers 5 USB ports in addition to two DP/DVI-Combo video outputs.

• What makes this answer "Verified"? It's the only one here. I just saw it after reading the email. Why does it print twice? Why does the Reply button do nothing unless I sign in?

• Hi dhinged,

This thread is marked verified because you were given the correct information.

I have no idea why it prints twice after the verified button is clicked.

You have to be signed into the forum to reply. All forums require the user to be logged in for replies or comments.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

• This is a circular answer; "correct information" is synonymous with "verified".

How do I know it's correct information? Who marked it verified? How do they know it's correct?

Anyways, I bought one of the e-port replicators, but the original post mentioned many looked the same and I had a hard time figuring out which one to get, so marking an answer that is only half-specific is verified doesn't fully answer the question, so I think the user should determine whether it's verified when they know it works, not just some random person or bot with no way to know why it's verified or who vouched for it.