Need information on Inspiron 620 i3 3.3 gig system

What Do I Buy

What Do I Buy
Need help deciding which product or service to purchase? Let us help you!

Need information on Inspiron 620 i3 3.3 gig system

This question is answered

I am looking at buying an Inspiron 620 i3 3.3 Ghz system from the Dell outlet store.  I need some info on it if anybody can help me.

Mother board model  (what socket is on the MB, the chipset)

Details on the video and audio on the system.

What brand of HD

What brand of PSU

The brand of memory

whether the system will be usable with Ubuntu linux on it?

Mostly I am looking for as detailed specs as I can get.   I have tried to hunt this info on the net but have run into too much confusing info on other systems.  I hope that I can get help here.

Verified Answer
  • I don't even think Dell could tell you the information you are looking for when it comes to the brands they may use.   With a 2nd Gen CPU like the i3, you are looking at probably the 1155 socket and the H61 chipset would be my best guess.

As far as video, you will have either HD 2000 graphics built into the CPU or you may have a dedicated video card like the HD 6450.  Looks like Dell uses Conexant onboard audio based on their drivers and downloads page.  

Dell can change parts all the time depending on the time of build.  Therefore, you are not going to get the brand of hard drive, PSU or memory.   Dell has mostly used Seagate or WD hard drives and Samsung or Hynix memory, but it's hard to say.  I'm sure some users out their have the I620 and can give you their specs.  

• HERE is the available Dell manuals for the Insprion 620.  The system specs, along with chipset, audio and video are listed in the documentation.  The outlet listing usually has some technical specs.

The Motherboard is a Dell custom OEM, made by several motherboard vendors including Foxconn (who also makes Apple products).

The hard drive can be from any of the hard drive vendors, there is no one brand/model that is used.

The power supply is a Dell custom OEM model, but it is standard ATX

The memory is also Dell OEM, and can be manufactured by many different memory vendors.

It is Linux compatible.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

All Replies
  • I don't even think Dell could tell you the information you are looking for when it comes to the brands they may use.   With a 2nd Gen CPU like the i3, you are looking at probably the 1155 socket and the H61 chipset would be my best guess.

As far as video, you will have either HD 2000 graphics built into the CPU or you may have a dedicated video card like the HD 6450.  Looks like Dell uses Conexant onboard audio based on their drivers and downloads page.  

Dell can change parts all the time depending on the time of build.  Therefore, you are not going to get the brand of hard drive, PSU or memory.   Dell has mostly used Seagate or WD hard drives and Samsung or Hynix memory, but it's hard to say.  I'm sure some users out their have the I620 and can give you their specs.  

• HERE is the available Dell manuals for the Insprion 620.  The system specs, along with chipset, audio and video are listed in the documentation.  The outlet listing usually has some technical specs.

The Motherboard is a Dell custom OEM, made by several motherboard vendors including Foxconn (who also makes Apple products).

The hard drive can be from any of the hard drive vendors, there is no one brand/model that is used.

The power supply is a Dell custom OEM model, but it is standard ATX

The memory is also Dell OEM, and can be manufactured by many different memory vendors.

It is Linux compatible.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• This and the previous answer helps me a lot.  I was wondering if this was one of the newer LGA 1155 sockets and not the older LGA 1156 ones.  I am looking to be able to upgrade in a while and wanted a system that would require a chip replacement to do this.  This gives me hope that I will, in the future, be able to simply swap out the i3 for an i5 of a similar socket type.  The chipset also looks to be one of the newer ones so once I get the money to do this, I will be buying this system.  Thank you for helping me.

• The 2nd Gen CPUs and H61 chipset do not support the 1156 socket so it is LGA 1155.