Is this going to cause a resync?

Your Windows Management and Migrations Community: Automate and simplify all of your Windows-related tasks.

Is this going to cause a resync?

This question is not answered

A job collection has been set up with a DL added as its member for mail sync between source mailbox store and target mailbox store.  The DL has approximately 100 members. The mail sync is progressing smoothly according to the MSA log. Now, I want to load balance the mail sync jobs between two MSAs and two MTAs. Another job collection is created with the 2nd DL added for mail sync between the same mailbox store, and the job collection is set up with a different MSA and MTA from the 1st job collection.  I would like to move 50 members out of the 1st DL and add them to the 2nd DL.  Is this move going to cause a re-sync between different MSA and MTA invovled in the sync job?

Thanks,

All Replies
  • No; the MSA keeps tracking data, of what has been sync'd, in the mailbox, I

believe. However, you will lose 50 mailbox licenses.

Don Parker

Rockhouse Consulting, LLP

Cell: 412-979-0447

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Skip Hong <

• Unfortunately changing the agent host will trigger a full resync. Good news is that you can easily suppress this, after you create the collection go to properties and select “remove all resynchronization settings from the agent database”.

We used this trick in the past, when dealing with Alternate Hosts in older QMM versions.