Foglight Administrators DB Performance Monitoring APM vWorkspace Virtualization
We are constantly looking to improve performance, efficiency, and scalability of Foglight for Virtualization, Enterprise Edition (FVE) to help our customers get more out of FVE. As the ever growing number of Virtual Machines (VM) in IT organizations increases, there is an expectation that an instance of FVE will monitor even more virtual machines. In this blog I would like to highlight some of the improvements that are in the FVE 7.2 release, in which we have measured significant improvements in the product performance, efficiency, and scalability. Note: FVE 7.2 is scheduled to be released in Aug/2014.
1) Optimized the data submission between Agent and Server
Default FVE collection
2) Consolidation of frequently executed Rules/Derivations into a single batch execution. Here are some of the consolidated items:
3) Decreased the number and frequency of Database calls from the Server
4) Reduced or eliminated topology churn for many topology objects
5) Improvements in data refresh and data consistency
6) Enhanced metrics and derived metrics in various areas
7) Improvements for Product Upgrades
Our goal is to deliver incremental improvements in FVE performance, efficiency, and scalability with every release. In the 7.2 release we have allocated significant efforts towards this goal which have resulted in substantial improvements. For the complete list of all improvements in FVE 7.2 release please refer to FVE 7.2 Release notes.
Foglight for Virtualization Enterprise Web page: http://www.quest.com/foglight-for-virtualization-enterprise-edition/