What is iDRAC?
The integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller is embedded within every Dell PowerEdge™ server and provides functionality that helps IT administrators deploy, update, monitor, and maintain Dell servers with no need for any additional software to be installed. The Dell iDRAC works regardless of operating system or hypervisor presence because from a pre-OS or bare-metal state, iDRAC is ready to work because it is embedded within each server from the factory.
The Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) is designed to make server administrators more productive and improve the overall availability of Dell servers. iDRAC alerts administrators to server issues, helps them perform remote server management, and reduces the need for physical access to the server.
iDRAC8 Quick Sync with OpenManage Mobile
This build includes:
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller delivers revolutionary systems management capabilities:
- Quick Sync bezel provides at-the-server management through NFC-enabled Android devices. Configure a server and collect server inventory with a simple “tap” between the server bezel and mobile device.
- Zero-Touch Auto Configuration can deploy a server out of the box with no intervention required; reducing server configuration time by as much as 99%. Just rack, cable, and walk away.
- iDRAC Direct lets customers use a USB cable or a USB key to provide configuration information to the iDRAC. No more crash cart!
- Simplify motherboard replacement with Easy Restore: key settings, such as BIOS, NIC, and iDRAC as well as licenses are automatically restored from the front panel.
- Agent-free, real-time RAID management and configuration: use iDRAC to create and manage virtual disks, without reboots!
- Increase datacenter security: Support for UEFI Secure Boot, and new System Erase capabilities for server repurpose/retirement, and new SNMP v3 Trap support.
- Built-in Tech Support Report replaces the need for downloaded support tools; health reports are built right into iDRAC and can be uploaded to Dell Support.
( top )
Configure Network Settings
RAID Configuration - Break Mirror
RAID Configuration - Key Encryption
Firmware Update Using Local Drive (CD or DVD or USB)
Backup Server Profile
Freedom (OpenManage Mobile and iDRAC8 Quick Sync)
Staying above the flood (Big Data)
Simplified Management at the box (iDRAC Direct)
( top )
( top )
I'm looking for the WS-MAN WSDLs for iDrac7. I can't seem to find these anywhere on Dell's site, anyone know where those might be?
WSMAN WSDLs are located at:
Also, they are referenced at:
hello iam having problem with one of my dell laptop speaker what should i do????
Tahreem, I try to disassemble server but lost a ball bearing from the hard drive. Can you help me figure out how to put my DRAC back together.
The links to the 1.50.50, A00 version do not work from here and from all previous release pages. Is there a problem with this version? Is there a link to it's manual? I would like to learn more about it's VNC features.
1.50.50 just sticks at verifying details... cannot get past it...