The Dell TechCenter provides access to scripts and code downloads that can automate data center processes to save time and simplify complex setup and configuration tasks that apply to systems management, virtualized and consolidated systems, and storage arrays.

If you have written a script that automates a process, helps simplify configuring or setting up servers or client systems, or performs a procedure, share it with the community. TechCenter moderators will verify the script and add it to this central Script Center repository, organized by systems management, virtualization, storage, and multiple script collections.
Post a New Script

Post a comment with the script's title, purpose, target platform or technology, and the script or a link to it.

Systems Management

Dell Update Package Installer Install Dell Update Packages (DUPs) from the Server Update Utility (SUU) DVD image that is mounted on a VMware ESX 3.x host in the service console.
I/O of applications with MPI codes Use strace with message passing interface (MPI) codes to examine the I/O of applications.
I/O of applications with Serial Codes Use strace with serial codes to examine the I/O of applications.
Daylight Saving Time Check Check the Daylight Saving Time start date, and record the machine name and Daylight Saving Time results in a text file.
BIOS Upgrade on Dell Enterprise Systems Upgrade Dell™ OptiPlex™, Dell Latitude™, and Dell Precision™ enterprise-class systems to the latest BIOS version using Microsoft® System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
OMSA Agent Configuration Install and configure the Dell OpenManage™ Server Administrator (OMSA) agent on the VMware® ESX 3.x server, configure SNMP settings, and open default ports in the firewall to allow communication.
SNMP Set Up Set up Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) values in a rollout.
DRAC Password Management Change multiple Dell Remote Access Card (DRAC) passwords at one time.
OMCI Scripts Visit this page for a collection of Dell OpenManage Client Instrumentation (OMCI) test environment VBScript and Microsoft Windows® PowerShell command-line scripts.
Hardware Inventory Add a hardware inventory extension MOF edit to the end of the sms_def.mof file on primary site servers (inboxes\clifiles.src\hinv).
OMCI and SCCM Integration Download the white paper, “Integrating Dell OpenManage Client Instrumentation with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager,” by Benjamin Lai and Nathan Martell (2008) for script examples.
SMS Inventory Mapping Map a Systems Management Server (SMS) inventory set to the inventory set provided by the Dell OMCI provider with a sample MOF.
MDAC Reinstallation VBScript to perform a command-line reinstall of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) on a system running Microsoft Windows XP.
Changing Power State VBScript to request a target system power state change through the iDRAC using the WS-Man protocol. Its input is the IP Address of the target system iDRAC, the username of an iDRAC identity with Execute Server Command privilege, the password for the username, and the requested power state. Possible power states include 2 = ON, 8 = OFF, 5 = Power Cycle, 12 = Graceful Off, and 15 = Graceful Power Cycle.
Sample PowerShell Scripts with OMSA Sample PowerShell scripts for querying data from OMSA
Sample scripts for Lifecycle Controller Various sample scripts using WSMAN standard protocol for Dell Lifecycle Controller in iDRAC
PowerShell for Lifecycle Controller PowerShell cmdlet library for Dell Lifecycle Controller in iDRAC

Virtualization

Dell Server LCD Update Scroll VMware virtual machines (VMs) running on the physical server across the LCD front panel of a Dell PowerEdge server.
Expand a Virtual Disk A sample CLI script for expanding a virtual disk on a PowerVault MD3000i storage array. Note: provided in a discussion thread; scroll down to reply by Alexxxx1.
ESX Server Patch Install Automate VMware ESX Server patch installs.
Deploy Updates on ESX 3.X Install Dell Update Packages (DUPs) from the Server Update Utility (SUU ) DVD image mounted on the ESX 3.x host in the service console.

Storage

PowerVault MD3000i Performance Use the Dell PowerVault MD3000i storage management command-line interface (SMcli) to pull performance information into a .csv file.
File System Scan Scan a file system to obtain information on its files and access to those files. Visit this HPCC Blog page for sample output.
PowerVault MD3000/PowerVault MD3000i Scripting Use the SMcli to store PowerVault MD3000i array configuration information and automate disk group creation.
PowerConnect 5424 or 5448 Switch for iSCSI Use Configure a PowerConnect 5424 or 5448 switch for use with an iSCSI storage system.
Dell Equallogic Hit Kit auto install script Use this script to install The Dell EqualLogic Hit Kit on multiple servers.

Script Collections

OMCI and SCCM Integration Download the white paper, “Integrating Dell OpenManage Client Instrumentation with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager,” by Benjamin Lai and Nathan Martell (2008) for script examples.
OMCI Integration Download the white paper, “Dell OpenManage Client Instrumentation, Integration for IT Professionals,” by Nathan Martell for script examples.
Windows PowerShell Script Repository Access to a Microsoft Windows PowerShell Script Repository on myITforum.com Wiki Service.
Carlos’ Corner Access to a script resource maintained by Carlos Tronco, as featured on the TechCenter’s Community Spotlight page.
OMCI User’s Guide Download the “Dell OpenManage Client Instrumentation Version 7.6 User’s Guide” (2008) for script examples.