Wikis - Title

Systems Build and Update Utility - SBUU

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

Systems Management - Wiki

Systems Build and Update Utility - SBUU

Systems Management - Wiki

The Dell™ Systems Build and Update Utility (SBUU) includes a single tool to enable basic life cycle management of Dell systems:

• Simple OS Installation (LINUX and WINDOWS) with device drivers
  • Firmware and BIOS Update using (Server Update Utility)
  • Hardware Configuration (BIOS, iDRAC and RAID Configuration)

On Dell servers newer than the 11th generation (11G - released in 2009), the on-board bootable Unified Server Configurator (A component of the Lifecycle Controller) provides similar functionality to SBUU without the need for a CD.

Downloads

SBUU Download Page

Documentation

Whitepaper - Documents

Using SBUU to Optimize Dell Server Deployment
Optimizing Dell Server Deployment using SBUU 

Videos

Windows Server 2012 x64 installation using Systems Build and Update Utility 7.2

by Vivek SBUU 7.2 - Win2012 x64 Installation
This demo shows how to use the SBUU to install Microsoft® Windows® on a bare-metal Dell PowerEdge™ server.

Comments
  • This page shows how to get to the SBUU download, but doesn't give a clue on the wording to look for with regards to downloading the SUU for the user's respective server.

• Agreed.  None of the Dell software downloads allow for a forward link to get to the current release.  You can go backwards, but never forwards...

• No wonder you are selling the business.   HOW the <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> do I get the download for Christ sake.

Lose the Stupid OPEN Manage this that and other termonology and just give us a link to get an installation CD.

No wonder I quit Buying DELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The current SBUU version 2.4.0-866 does not show the option to install Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2.

• Dell is working on the advancement, we need to wait for a few more days. I’ll get back to you once we have enhanced information.