Dell Server Deployment Pack 2.1 - Driver Imports - OpenManage Integrations with Microsoft SCCM and SCOM - Systems Management - Dell Community
Systems Management Forums

Dell Server Deployment Pack 2.1 - Driver Imports

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

Dell Server Deployment Pack 2.1 - Driver Imports

• Hey guys,

I’ve been playing around with the latest version of the server deployment pack and I’ve run into a problem importing driver packages from the server media.

Currently I'm working on a PE2950, using the Systems Build and Update Utility iso: cdu_1.6_core_173_A01.iso

I am in the process of downloading the Systems Management Tools and Documentation iso: OM_SMTD_710_A00_Full.iso

When importing drivers from the server setup media, I get the following errors in DellDriverImport.log:

9/16/2013 10:46:13 AM :: Package Path    : \\SCCM01.domain.local\SMS_TOP\OSD\Lib\DriverPackages\Dell\PowerEdge\\PE2950\W2008R2_64\X64

9/16/2013 10:46:13 AM :: Error! CreateDriverPackage() did not return a valid object.

9/16/2013 10:46:13 AM :: ProcessDriverPackage returned an error. Cannot continue.

9/16/2013 10:46:13 AM :: Return value from the thread: Error

Notice the double “\\” after PowerEdge.

In the DellDriverImportDebug.log I see:

Description = "SMS provider doesn't have read, write or delete permission to the package source path";

ErrorCode = 2;

File = "e:\\nts_sccm_release\\sms\\siteserver\\sdk_provider\\smsprov\\sspdriverpackage.cpp";

Line = 131;

ObjectInfo = "\\\\SCCM01.domain.local\\SMS_TOP\\OSD\\Lib\\DriverPackages\\Dell\\PowerEdge\\\\PE2950\\W2008R2_64\\X64";

This is my first experience with this tool. I could very well be doing something wrong but I have tried several different ways with no success.

Thanks!

Dewayne

• Using the correct ISO fixed the problem.... I used OM_SMTD_710_A00_Full.iso and it succeeded.

My apologies.