Equalogic MP: offline Volumes - OpenManage Integrations with Microsoft SCCM and SCOM - Systems Management - Dell Community
Systems Management Forums

Equalogic MP: offline Volumes

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

Equalogic MP: offline Volumes

• Hi everyone!

Any idea how to handle (manually) offline volumes in the SCOM Management Pack?

Unfortunately the MP raises an alert and changes to unhealthy state as soon as a volume is offline, even if it is configured by admin.

Because the volumes are not discovered as class-instances, there is no change to configure an override.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

• Needed to clarify: What version of the MP are you using?

Is this the "Dell EqualLogic : SCSI Logical Unit Status Changed" alert (available in 5.0 onwards) or the  "Dell EqualLogic : Volume Group Health Notification Alert"?

• Hi Thomas Jacob!

Im currently not onsite but the newest one what should be 5.0.

Thanks,

Patrick

• Can you please also confirm which alert (from the two mentioned above) this is?

(One is generated by a unit monitor and the other is generated by a rule)

• Hi!

From the montior. The alert is: "Dell EqualLogic : Volume Group Health Notification Alert"

Thanks,

Patrick

• Hi Patrick The Unit Monitor alert is based off an API in the EqualLogic Helper Utility DLL. So, we would need to change the DLL to change the behavior. :( IIRC, we do exclude non-replica volumes from the health computation but not offline volumes currently. Regards Thomas
  • typo in my earlier response: it should read: "we do exclude replica volumes from the health computation..."

• Thomas,

thanks for your reply! So we will get a new version of the MP?

Cheers,

Patrick

• Hi! Again and again we are getting the same alerts at customers. Would you be able to tell me if and when that would be fixed? Thanks and best regards, Patrick
  • hey Team,

I've have the exact same problem at a Customer. A few volume are offline, I've got the alert in SCOM, and I cannot fine tune it :(