Has anyone run into an issue with OpenManage classifying DRAC 5 servers as unclassified? Is there a different way that DRAC 5 device must be added? We have a hand full of servers that are being used in our dev and test environment with DRAC 5.
Hi, thanks for the query.
Please help with below:
1. Which OME version are you using?
2. Which protocol are you using to discover DRAC 5?
3. What is the result of protocol's Troubleshooting tool test on same target?
Thank you for the reply. Please see the answers to your questions below.
1. Which OME version are you using? The version number is 188.8.131.521.
2. Which protocol are you using to discover DRAC 5? I attempted WS-MAN and SNMP.
3. What is the result of protocol's Troubleshooting tool test on same target? The troubleshoot option is grayed out. When the discovery process it completes it sets the device type as unclassified.
Dell Troubleshooting tool is installed along with OME, shortcut can be found on the desktop.
Please run respective protocol tests on target DRAC 5 IP address and share the results.
I have attached the results from the troubleshooter. Let me know if I need to provide any more info.
The results for SNMP show that the read request failed to get community name - openmanage. I confirmed that SNMP is indeed enabled with openmanage as the community string. I notice the troubleshooter will only let you test on SNMPv2 and the older DRAC 5 might need SNMPv1.
The results for WSMAN show server certificate error. Not sure why this failed. All are iDRAC 6 and above servers are configured the same way which is with the default certificate.
Thanks for providing information.
SNMP - Community name is case-sensitive. Please check and ensure this is not the case.
WSMAN - The certificate has expired. Certificate has to be reset for this to work.
I confrmed the SNMP is correct. SNMP is acutally working okay using OpenManage. It only failed from the troubleshooter.
Would you be able to porvide info on uploading or generating a new cert for a DRAC 5 server? I have found how to generate the CSR but how would I go about uploading that to the DRAC?
TT as well as OME will discover the server fine if SNMP community name is correct. TT test details indicate it is not.
You can upload the new certificate using DRAC GUI.