not include optional updates in catalog so compliance report doesn't flag servers - Dell OpenManage Essentials - Systems Management - Dell Community
Systems Management Forums

not include optional updates in catalog so compliance report doesn't flag servers

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

not include optional updates in catalog so compliance report doesn't flag servers

• Has anybody been able to not have optional updates be included in the catalog? I don't want the compliance report to flag a system that has pending optional updates. I tried many things, creating my own catalog, downloading the updates, filtering by unchecking optional, nothing seems to work.

Using OME 2.3

• Hi, thanks for the query.

See if below thread is of some help.

en.community.dell.com/.../19614442

Thanks,

Shivendra

• There is some info there but I can't get it to work (I'm on that thread as well btw).

This was said

Essentially, what you desire is to have a custom Catalog (subset) of what is present in the Dell Online catalog (excluding non-critical updates) and the Dell Repository Manager is the tool designed for that. Using Dell Repository Manager, you can define the custom catalog and OME integrates with DRM catalog. In OME, you can import the custom DRM catalog to get the desired compliance.

I guess I need more specific instructions as I have been at this for a couple of days now and cannot get it to work...

• Hi ERICLDCE,

Responding the same solution as suggested on the other:

The "DRM Manual Repository Creation" video in youtube should help you identify the gap (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGZEickX2EE). I think you should delete the components (non-critical ones) from the repository as the filter is only for viewing and will not apply any changes to the repository. (attached screen for reference)

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
    Vijay.