OME 2.2 - Can't login after install - Dell OpenManage Essentials - Systems Management - Dell Community
Systems Management Forums

OME 2.2 - Can't login after install

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

OME 2.2 - Can't login after install

• After installing OME 2.2 I am presented with a Windows credentials dialog when starting OME. I added a local administrator account to the "OMEAdministrators" group, the same account I am logged in as, but the credentials dialog just keeps reappearing, never authenticating.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Hi,

This behavior is generally observed, when the username/password combination is not correct.

Can you try out the following and see if it works:

1. Do remote login into the box with that user and launch OME from there.

2. Make sure, you enter the username as localhost\<adminusername> as by default it tries to validate the user with default domain in the environment.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,
    Vijay

• Thanks for the response Vijay.

I am logged onto the server as the OMEAdministrator account so I am certain of the userID/Password. I did try the domainName\UserName format for authentication but it does not work.

The dialog box title has "iexplorer.exe" as the application.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• I am having the same issue, did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I am running a fresh windows 10 installation with open manage essentials.

• No. I ended up rebuilding a new VM and installing from scratch. I've deployed OME a couple more times and I only ran into this the first time I installed.