Systems Management Forums

Newbie User

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

Newbie User

• I have a new T310 server with Windows SBS 2011 Essentials and four Raid 10 drives. I have a small business with one server and 10 users. I plan to manage the server directly (not remotely).

Is OpenManage worth setting up and using, or should I use some other more basic management tool (e.g., USC, BMC, etc.) ?

Thanks.

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

OpenManage Essentials is mainly for managing multiple servers remotely in one to many fashion and may not be required for your needs.

For your setup, you will be able to install OpenManage Server Administrator to monitor and manage your server hardware in one to one fashion. Other tools you already mentioned like USC and SUU are also useful for one to one management.

Regards

Abhijit

• Thanks for the info.

Is OpenManage Server Administrator already installed on the T310 or do I need to install it ?

• Hi,

It's typically not installed at the factory, you will have to install it yourself.

Regards

Abhijit