I have recently upgraded from Dell IT Assistant 8.7 to OME and have run into a issue.
In IT assistant all of our discovery ranges had appeared including our exclude ranges as well. And since the upgrade our Exclude ranges appear and include are not showing.
Discovery and Inventory scans are working from the imported systems from ITA.
From a non upgraded system i can added device include ranges manually.
From upgraded system you can add the device hostname / subnet process all through perform discovery and inventory and finish.
You can see in the tasks screen it does a discovery and inventory scan and still nothing shows in the include range.
I have been wondering about this issue on during the break and tested OME from a clean slate without any upgrade from IT Assistant.
Tested exporting all include ranges from IT Assistant to a CSV and importing in MASS Import of all our include ranges.
The system had imported 21 IP addresses of the 210 address we have.
The below part you can copy into a note pad and save into a CSV file and import into OME and it is successful.
--| IT Assistant CSV Import3.csv |--| Begin |>
--| IT Assistant CSV Import3.csv |--| End |>
These below ranges do not work.
--| IT Assistant CSV Import.csv |--| Begin |>
--| IT Assistant CSV Import.csv |--| End |>
--| IT Assistant CSV Import1.csv |--| Begin |>
--| IT Assistant CSV Import1.csv |--| End |>
These imports will fail saying that XX amount devices skipped
Import summary message displayed.
0 Record(s) were imported
XX Record(s) were skipped.
Records were skipped for one of the following reasons:
- (XX) null or invalid values
If you add the same range with the wildcard or in a range manually it will add successfully.
Our import ranges from IT assistant are specified in the following format.
192.168.0.1-254 < Does not import>< Manual Add works >
192.168.0.* < Does not import>< Manual Add works >
Anyone has seen this and know a resolution please advise.
Thanks for the post.
I'm not sure why you saw that the include ranges were missing after the ITA->OME upgrade. We've not seen this error. In our testing, both include and exclude show up. So that may be worth opening a ticket on.
For the other, I double checked the online help....it indicates your CSV file should have a single header called "Name" with the ip and/or names of the servers. It does not look like the mask is imported from the OME import button.
Hope this helps,
Also, this may be useful to you. I don't think this is a supported tool, but there should be a binary called importnodelist.exe under the bin directory. It is a carry over from ITA. The doc is here:
So the importnodelist.exe still works and needs to follow the specific instructions here:
Perhaps it would be of use.
Thanks for your assistance.
I had a call logged with support who did escalate internal and discovered that upgrade from ITA to OME was flawless.
However after checking they had discovered that OME could not handle the values in the IPMIUsername Field as null value.
They also advised the it could also happen in all the following fields in the OME Database.
( IPMI, EMC, WSMAN, and CIM ) table fields.
It was correct via the a sqlcmd which was advise and sorted the problem out.
sqlcmd -Q "update OMEssentials.dbo.DiscoveryConfiguration set IPMIUserName = 'DummyUserName' where (IPMIUserName is null) AND ((IsNull(Protocols, 0) & 8) <> 0)"
The data is migrated correctly but the UI is not handling null values created by ITAssist.
In this case IPMI is enabled but no user name was given.
Other users may run into this same problem when upgrading from ITAssist.
Once the SQLCMD was run my Discover ranges where now all visable and discovery / inventory scanning is working correctly now.
Yep, that's great. Thanks for the summary. We've opened a KB for the support team so that folks who have a similar situation can get quick help until we clean it up in the next release.
In the meantime, folks with empty username (etc) values in their ITA disc wizards should be aware.