OpenManage Essentials version 2.3 launched with lot more exciting features addressing suggestions/requests by our users - Dell OpenManage Essentials - Systems Management - Dell Community
Systems Management Forums

OpenManage Essentials version 2.3 launched with lot more exciting features addressing suggestions/requests by our users

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

OpenManage Essentials version 2.3 launched with lot more exciting features addressing suggestions/requests by our users

• It is not an option in our infra.

• Is vSphere proactive HA working with open manage essentials?

Thanks!

• Hey E-JP,

I think the valid certificate is a problem only for you. I have no issues with any of my servers ranging from R610s to R830s. Can you provide more information, such as the systems you're using for starters, and the iDRAC Versions? The upgrade from v2.0 to v2.3 was a big jump.

• Hello TBussell,

The problem is not really with OME but with winrm. Anyway I was able to fix the issue by pushing a new certificate using a powershell script.

FYI, our setup is: OME running on Win 2012R2 and DB on dedicated SQL server. 2400+ Dell servers (R3*, R4*, R5*, R6*, R7*, R8*, R9*, some T3*, a few VRTX and legacy 29*), iDRAC versions are mixed (2.10.10.10 to 2.43.43.43 biggest part is 2.41.40.40).

• Hey, I have upgraded to OME 2.3 successfully, but on OME - Dell EMC Solutions page Support assist and Troubleshooting tools are not detected though they are installed. I have tried to repair also but no luck. is this known issue or any workaround? 

• Hi Pradeep, 

Take a look at the solution suggested at this thread http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4494/t/20018159 

• Thank you Vijay, I that helped I am able to see Troubleshooting. However Support assist launch is still show not detected.

I have an additional issue with Support Assist Enterprise which is installed on my Dell OME Server. It will be great if you can help me resolve the below issue.

Background about the setup

Dell OME and Support assist Enterprise are installed on the same server(windows 2012 r2) and configured for monitoring.

SAE extension is configured for Dell EMC OME adapter to sync the device details

On SAE credential and Credential profiles are created and assigned devices, which also shows OK, until

Problem

SAE sync with Dell OME adapter to pull device details. Whenever the sync happens all the devices will moved to staging group and status will shows incorrect credentials.

• Hi Pradeep,

We have put the word to Support Assist folks here.

It seems for them to guide you further, they will need to observe certain logs, so we will suggest to get in touch with Dell Support so that they can gather necessary information.

You can post Support Assist related queries in this forum - en.community.dell.com/.../4551

Thanks,
    Vijay