I've been having this problem forever and just installed 2.1 hoping that it would finally be resolved and it's not.
Server 1 needs 3 updates via Manage | System Update
I check the boxes and go through the install. The install finishes and says it completed successfully.
I manually tell that server to refresh its inventory and then check software updates again and it still shows it needs the same updates. I closed OME and went back in and same thing.
I have verified that the updates did install but it's such a pain in the @ss to get OME to see that.
Does anyone have a surefire way of getting OME to properly see that updates were installed so it can properly update the Non-Compliant page? Soooo frustrating.
Which type of firmware you need to update ? Could you provide Which type of server and which method used (InBand or Outband).
This is an R620. It had a bunch of updates that it needed. I installed some of them through the lifecycle controller and the Update Firmware option which worked fine. I then went into OME and had it inventory the server but it wouldn't pick up that things had updated.
One of the things is the iDrac. OME says it has 2.15.10 and needs 184.108.40.206. However, I can go into the Drac and it shows that I'm already on 220.127.116.11. OME just can't seem to figure that out.
In general, after I install updates through OME or manually or whatever, what should I have to do to get OME to see those update? Do I just Right Click on the server and choose Refresh Inventory and should it update? Do I need to then close and reopen OME? Do I need to manually restart the services? It shouldn't be this hard.
I'm going to do another server today so I'll make note of what everything thinks it has and needs.
Can you check whether Software Inventory table of this device shows the updated version properly? (Software Inventory is one of the table in device inventory).
Since this is out of band update, just curious whether you have CSIOR disabled?
Few other clarifications:
1. What was the version of OME you have upgraded from ?
2. What other firmwares you have upgraded?
3. Have you tried "Force Refresh" button in System update-> Non-Compliant Systems ?
ArunSocial Media Support#IWork4Dell
Just to clarify, CSIOR should be enabled for Out of band inventory to get refreshed.
One more clarification, Was there any system reboot after the update?
It actually seems like a bug in OME 2.1 It detects that we upgraded the iDrac from 1.x to 2.x but just doesn't pick up the last number in the version since it's something like 18.104.22.168. It only detects the first numbers but not the last one.
Anyway, yes they rebooted, yes I tried the refresh button on the non-compliant screen. I'll have to check the software version information when i get back to work on Monday.
We have seen this issue when OMSA 7.4 is installed in the target system.
1. Have you discovered the target system using in-band as well ?
2. If so, what is the version of OMSA present on the target system?
If it is OMSA 7.4, please try upgrading OMSA.
I am in the process of upgrading our OMSAs from 7.4 to 8.2. (On a side note, is there any way to get notified when new versions of OMSA and/or OME come out?).
These machines keep coming back as non-inventoried. Is there somewhere I can look to figure out what the problem is? I can't upgrade any more clients to OMSA 8.2 if OME is going to stop working.
If there is a new version of OME released, OME console will show a blue color icon on the ribbon/navigation.
For OMSA, as of now we don't have a way to indicate in OME. But you should be able to get as part of Dell notification emails.
To ensure OMSA is working fine, please try the following :
1. Try restarting all OMSA services
2. From OME installed server, launch Trouble Shooting Tool (installed along with OME), try to connect to OMSA using SNMP test.
3. If you are able to communicate using Trouble shooting tool, then try "Re discovery/Inventory" from OME.
Hope this should give proper value.
Other option would be, discovering server using only iDRAC (not via OMSA).
I have the same issue here. Did everything on the last post and nothing....
It seems after several years Dell has yet to fix this fundamental defect. To this day, with OME 2.3 and OMSA 8.5, this is still a problem. After a full week, with many scheduled and manual inventory refreshes, multiple reboots, service restarts, etc, OME still lists updates that have long since been applied.
How Dell has not fixed this basic bug in their software after all this time is baffling. It really cripples the usefulness of the software as it's completely unreliable.
We've completely given up on using OME to push updates. We now use the Repository Manager to create a repository for our server models and then run that on each server. It does a local inventory and tells you exactly what you need.
Only thing we use OME for now is alerting if a server goes down or something like that.